• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

replaced bimini top with a black one

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey All, I believe the 2016 AR240 canvas will work on the 2015 242 LS if you want to change colors. The bimini awning supports are the same part numbers. I'm going to order one now and try it out...
And - WELCOME!!

--

James Reed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, that looks so much better.

Do you get the Bimini and the boot together with that part number?

James Reed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
look good from the photo
Have you tried calling or emailing them?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some how $386 was okay, but $500 wasn't worth it (plus the wait for my local shop to make it). The only other part number I found was off a 2017 242 LS for the SC2 color code... I have no idea what color the bimini is on this one.

F3F-U3108-21-00

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/594828fe87a8661238ac4c51/bimini-top-carpet
$386 is inching more towards justifying a completely aesthetic thing for me. I still don't know why Yamaha didnt color match the biminis to the gelcoat (especially for black). For the $386, did it come with the boot cover, too? I couldn't tell if you had to add that on separately.

James Reed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree, and my reason for replacing was completely aesthetic as well. The canvas set includes the boot.

JRP44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha 242 Limited S.jpg A 2.jpg My 2017 came with a light gray top so I decided to use black canvas paint. I must say it came out really nice.

Impeller>Propeller

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've found these 3 part numbers for bimini tops but have no clue which is which. Looks like the first set of 2 digit numbers is the color code.
F3F-U3108-21-00
F3F-U3108-40-00
F3F-U3108-50-00

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'd love a black one, I have no idea why they didn't put black tops on the black boats.
They are very hot they absorb the sun. Also the heat radiates down on you from them. Very nice when it is cold out, But can make a hot day hotter. But black looks the best.