• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replaced trailer winch with a Fulton F2, Amazing!

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we have only had a 2009 AR230 a few months on the water and it was a struggle to get the boat up tight on the trailer and a lot of times it would slip back a few inches coming out of the water. I replaced the stock winch on the trailer last weekend with a Fulton F2 and it is amazing the difference, pulls the boat up tight with ease. I highly recommend it if you get a chance.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I made the upgrade last year. So much better than the factory winch.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've heard that from a bunch of people. Maybe it's the ramp I go to but i have the stock winch and barely have to put any force for it to pull the boat to get tight. But every ramp is different.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
installed this about a month ago. makes a world of difference in the effort needed to get the boat all the way up

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For me the biggest benefits are an enclosed system so you aren't dodging teeth AND the simple selection of forward reverse neutral. No mystery involved. It just works and works awesome. An extremely simple and worthwhile upgrade for a trailer boater...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I shall upgrade. Just the other day I was looking at my winch and thinking the new Fulton must be easier to operate from inside the boat (how I winch it tight when loading).

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just wondering....how much force can the tow eye take? I'm afraid I'm going to pull the u bolt through the bow.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bet you could hang the boat on that eye if it was done slowly. The glass in that area is fairly thick and the eye has a backing plate which makes it even more solid.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm just wondering....how much force can the tow eye take? I'm afraid I'm going to pull the u bolt through the bow.
Today I cracked the gel coat just under the eye when snugging up the boat to the trailer. I heard a snap and a small piece let go. I was not cranking unusually hard and the boat was still floating a bit. I will post a pic tomorrow. Now I am freaked out about how snug to tug it up. This was the first trailering after installing my Stoltz roller and it is not compressed any more than I did with the stock roller. Bummer.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To clarify my statement above......
I'm speaking of a Classic 2003-2008 era bow eye. I have not seen anything newer. It's possible the newer boats have a different thickness and construction.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Picture added for prior post regarding damage under eye. It is small but was quite a surprise to hear a "pop" when snugging up the boat.

IMG_0119.JPG

Compression of roller:

IMG_0122.JPG