• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement Bimini

Which option would you choose?

• Buy aftermarket

• Retrofit 2008 Bimini

• Make my own

Results are only viewable after voting.

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my AR230 did not come with a bimini -- but that is not a huge deal as I do not like the 2006 bimini's anyway. I am looking for a bimini that would mount to the tower (like the newer models). I am getting pressure from the co-captain to have some sort of shade when we want it, but refuse to buy the 2006 Bimini.

I am debating between:
1. Buying this --Premade aftermarket (I have yet to confirm it will fit, but there are 3 sizes -- I would also mount it a lot higher than shown in the picture-- approx $250

2. Retrofitting a Newer Bimini that mounts to the tower -- approx $700

3. Making my own. -- I have some ideas in my head, but it would look a lot like the retrofit, but after pricing it out, I can make my own with sunbrella Marine material and alluminium pipe for approx $400

Which way would you go? Any thoughts or recommendations?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I will admit that I haven't priced it out, I think you could do it for less than $400.
Seeing as how I have a well aged "Classic" model, I always have an eye on the bimini when at speed. 12 years a lot to expect I suppose, heck I should put it on my list of things to do...just because.

I modified the stock bimini on my boat. I wanted it lower and mounted on the tower. I'll have to check out the price of material, I have an upholstery shop, so recreating the one I have shouldn't be too hard at all.

We can't go without one that's for sure.