• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement drain plugs

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cannot find the correct drain plugs for a 2020 19 footer! I don’t want the entire thing with the female flange, how come you can find replacement centers for nearly every plastic plug jetski but none match ours?
One of the thumb tabs snapped off mine and I’d like to have a spare or two that doesn’t require snagging one from the anchor or ski locker.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's how they come, plug with flange....

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I cannot find the correct drain plugs for a 2020 19 footer! I don’t want the entire thing with the female flange, how come you can find replacement centers for nearly every plastic plug jetski but none match ours?
One of the thumb tabs snapped off mine and I’d like to have a spare or two that doesn’t require snagging one from the anchor or ski locker.
In the parts manual, there is an arrow pointing to the flange that says "discard"

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the parts manual, there is an arrow pointing to the flange that says "discard"
So if you’re out and a drain plug is damaged you should unscrew the flange, discard it and reinstall a new one with some 4200… got it!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
So if you’re out and a drain plug is damaged you should unscrew the flange, discard it and reinstall a new one with some 4200… got it!
No no no. That is a different flange altogether. The one you speak of is mounted to the stern and is a different animal. A replacement plug comes with a flange the you discard. You will find this type of flange in the engine compartment and possibly the ski locker. If you need just the drain plug, it comes with a flange you don’t need. If you lose your drain plug, just remove the flange and install the plug. You will probably het the idea once you order one.

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No no no. That is a different flange altogether. The one you speak of is mounted to the stern and is a different animal. A replacement plug comes with a flange the you discard. You will find this type of flange in the engine compartment and possibly the ski locker. If you need just the drain plug, it comes with a flange you don’t need. If you lose your drain plug, just remove the flange and install the plug. You will probably het the idea once you order one.
I get they come with the flange, I’m also certain the “discard” isn’t saying throw a brand new one away. They want you to install a new flange with new plug.
My frustration is that they come with the flange and charge $6-10 each when nearly identical ones found in most other jet skis and similar you can get just the plug in multi packs for less than $3/each

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is this really a conversation about throwing away a $2 piece of extra plastic? I am 99% certain, they come packaged together as it would cost double if yamaha decided to sell them separate, just due to packaging. And when some need it and some don't, they just package them together.

It's sort of like, fixing a toilet. You can buy the flapper for $7, or the entire toilet kit for $10. Buy the kit, as you may find you need it anyway, and for sure someday. But you can feel fine just throwing it away as well.

Good luck,

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I get they come with the flange, I’m also certain the “discard” isn’t saying throw a brand new one away. They want you to install a new flange with new plug.
My frustration is that they come with the flange and charge $6-10 each when nearly identical ones found in most other jet skis and similar you can get just the plug in multi packs for less than $3/each
Yes, they want you to use the flange, but if you are intending on using it for the bilge drain, just discard the flange because it is not required. They sell it this way to cover all applications. Makes perfect sense.