• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement Rocker Switches

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was just looking through my bookmarks and found this link from a few years ago, when I replaced the aged rocker switches on my I/O. The "novelty" switches are fun. :cool:

It's a good source for "switching" up the look of your control panel!

OTRATTW - The Switch Guys

Reactions: Gym

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the look of both type switches @MOA_Chaser and @maboat .

I'm in need of replacing my rocker switches, because the symbols are pretty worn off. You guys just replaced the Cap, or tops of the switches, correct? Not the whole switch? And secondly, if so, do they just pop off and on? Or is there a trick?

How about you @itsdgm ? Have you replaced yours yet? I ask you because we have the same boat.

Here's my faded switches. Please excuse the dust from my mooring cover.

20150119_134027.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I didn't replace my rocker switch covers last year like I had planned. I'm 100% planning to do that this week, but I have a question. Anybody else replace theirs? Reason I ask is it appears the websites listed above have changed a little bit since last year and don't sell the Contura V rocker switch covers like what's already in my boat. Either the switch does not have the red lens, or it's the Contura II & III switches. I don't know enough about these to vary away. I don't know if the Contura II & III will fit correctly. The website @maboat posted (pacergroup) does have the same type switch covers, but they are $7.41 a piece. Trying to avoid going broke switching these out.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else swapped theirs out and where you got them.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
All jokes aside, 7.41 per switch is cheap compared to half the other stuff I get brainwashed into buying after reading it on this site.

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And that's the kind of input I'm looking for @JetPowered . I will steer away from the other stuff and go with the more expensive ones. Thanks

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I didn't replace my rocker switch covers last year like I had planned. I'm 100% planning to do that this week, but I have a question. Anybody else replace theirs? Reason I ask is it appears the websites listed above have changed a little bit since last year and don't sell the Contura V rocker switch covers like what's already in my boat. Either the switch does not have the red lens, or it's the Contura II & III switches. I don't know enough about these to vary away. I don't know if the Contura II & III will fit correctly. The website @maboat posted (pacergroup) does have the same type switch covers, but they are $7.41 a piece. Trying to avoid going broke.
You should have bought them last year they were only $6. Wait til next year they will be $8 :confused:

The different II & III & V style covers are all interchangeable on the same switch body. But it looks to me like the price is the same so why not get the one that matches. Buy it now 'cause it will be more next year :p

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You should have bought them last year they were only $6. Wait til next year they will be $8 :confused:

The different II & III & V style covers are all interchangeable on the same switch body. But it looks to me like the price is the same so why not get the one that matches. Buy it now 'cause it will be more next year :p
Haha, touche!