• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacement Steering cables 2015 242 Limited

jemorgan3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Does anyone have the right part number or better yet a link to the correct steering cables for a 2015 242 Limited? I can find tons of 2010-2014 cables, but apparently with the hull design change in ‘15, the newer boats have different cables.

Id rather not go to the dealer and pay the 200% markup when I know they can be had aftermarket.

thanga!

sstango

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some quick questions on replacing the steering cable for a 2015 242LS. Do you need to take off the outside face plate of the pump to remove / install the steering cable nut (item 17 from schematic) or is there a cutout in the hull to accommodate? 2015 Yamaha 242 LIMITED (SAT1800JP) Steering | Yamaha Sports Plaza. Also, you need to remove the rear interior deck, (above the gas tank) or does the protector hose run from the helm through the engine bay? Any other tips?

Nfinlay1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did not need to remove anything related to the pump. You need a 3/8” Offset Oxygen Sensor Wrench to get the steering cable bolts off. I had to remove the flooring over top of the gas tank to be able to feed the old steering cables back and out as well as feed the new ones through.

Hopefully I’m not breaking any rules but this site has a pretty good walk through.

Attachments

Augusto David Rodriguez

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I need help replacing my steering question,
My cable in my212X 2012 have to nuts , the outside that i removed with o2 sensor and have a second one, but from inside after removed silicone i can't see the second one