• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing Engine Bay Soundproofing AR 230 06

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that is great! I was going to add something else but maybe I will change my mind. Sounds like the new 2015 sound deadening.
Yes well worth the effort, Not the nicest job in the world but the results certainly out way the inconvenience.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have a part number or something like that for the insulation product you used?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks I will make sure about the fire retardant part!

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like this is very close to what Geoff used:

Link <<--

If you click on the "Foam Type: Acoustic Foam" it shows its Class A fire retardant. I'll be replacing mine soon thanks to this thread... thanks Geoff!

D

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like this is very close to what Geoff used:

Link <<--

If you click on the "Foam Type: Acoustic Foam" it shows its Class A fire retardant. I'll be replacing mine soon thanks to this thread... thanks Geoff!

D
I did mine a few months ago and it has cut down the engine noise by at least 50% just make sure you get a thick piece of cardboard and fit it well across the engine bay, You don't want any bad backs for the oncoming season, Work in comfort if possible.

Big_D

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Agreed... I was actually planning on pulling the engine bay panel off the boat to work on it.

D

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed... I was actually planning on pulling the engine bay panel off the boat to work on it.

D
I thought the same but after studying the job for a while i found a cardboard TV Box fitted a treat and allowed me a great working space, I just tied the engine bay hatch panel to the Tower and it was quite comfortable, That engine Hatch is a very heavy but of kit and i envisaged damaging it if i tried to remove it but as it was the job went really well.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great another project.. thanks. ;)