• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing hose clamps under the clean out plug tray on 2016Yamaha 242 limited s. E

Knewvann

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone done this?
I just did my 200 hour service and they wanted $800 to replace the hose clamps.
my engine compartment is spotless. My bad for never checking under the clean out compartment.some are rusted and questionable
Does anyone have pics and procedures?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have 300 hours and haven’t replaced any hose clamps. If I had to change something though, I’m pretty sure it would be a DIY situation, especially at that price.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone done this?
I just did my 200 hour service and they wanted $800 to replace the hose clamps.
my engine compartment is spotless. My bad for never checking under the clean out compartment.some are rusted and questionable
Does anyone have pics and procedures?
When i had my 240SX, i took mine in to cycle springs here in Clearwater FL and thats about how much they hit me for on my 100 hour service. My friend took his in a few weeks later and they did the samething. Must be the services shops flavor of the week.

Knewvann

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you are in salt water make sure to check this area out. I have been super vigilant in the engine compartment and it shows. Never thought to look in that area.
problemI’m having is they sealed the tray with white silicone. I’m going to have to cut it out to remove the tray. I just want to make sure I do everything in the correct order to avoid mishaps.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s no big deal taking that tray out. Just be sure to seal it again when your done.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I replaced all mine on my previous AR210, when i noticed two broke off. Bought stainless steel clamps from Ace Hardware. It was around 15-20 clamps under there. Not hard to do. Hardest part was reaching all of them.