• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reset relay for dash switches

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Hey guys been awhile one the relays went out bought new ones question is new ones have a plus and minus old one don’t not sure which way to go back thnx in advance for tips

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I replaced some on mine a few years back. I do not recall a plus and minus and assumed that it did not matter as it is a breaker on the positive side and only running current through it.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I replaced some on mine a few years back. I do not recall a plus and minus and assumed that it did not matter as it is a breaker on the positive side and only running current through it.
Hey thnx man gonna mess with it the weekend do you have the lx 2000 I’d think they all use similar I seen on the site yrs ago tips on changing oil lines have you tackled that one yet lol

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have an LS2000 2001. I have replaced oil lines and filter, removed one engine and performed top end rebuild, change drive bearing and seal, replaced drive shaft, replaced impellers, and rebuilt the pump bearings so far. So if you have questions, I may have answers. Happy to help.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have an LS2000 2001. I have replaced oil lines and filter, removed one engine and performed top end rebuild, change drive bearing and seal, replaced drive shaft, replaced impellers, and rebuilt the pump bearings so far. So if you have questions, I may have answers. Happy to help.
Wow really I’ll drop it off today lmao ty buddy I seen post about where to get line kit place closed I think looks like must lines r 1/8 to carbs do u hav to remove pump and do u take off one line a time fill with oil I’ve herd u can turn motor over with fuse out of ecu box and it will pump lines full I’ve only changed all steering lines and redone exhaust box all clogged and pitted took 1/2 dozen rides it hauls ass but scared about oil lines from what I’ve red here ty again bama here

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I removed the oil pumps on each motor, replaced the lines and filter, opened the bleeder at the top of the pump and allowed it to flow until all bubbles were gone and then closed the bleeder. You are correct that you can turn the motor over with either the fuse or the safety lanyard removed to get oil thru the remainder of the lines. Or you can run the motor but dribble oil into the carbs with the oil pump cable opened to full for max oil flow. I also mixed oil between 100:1 and 50:1 in the tank to make sure that I could run the motor until all bubbles are out of the lines.

Fastjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I removed the oil pumps on each motor, replaced the lines and filter, opened the bleeder at the top of the pump and allowed it to flow until all bubbles were gone and then closed the bleeder. You are correct that you can turn the motor over with either the fuse or the safety lanyard removed to get oil thru the remainder of the lines. Or you can run the motor but dribble oil into the carbs with the oil pump cable opened to full for max oil flow. I also mixed oil between 100:1 and 50:1 in the tank to make sure that I could run the motor until all bubbles are out of the lines.
Cool ty again good info hard to come by lot better when people actually do it not a shop I hav Al kinds ?s don’t wanna scare ya off though lol hard time gettin this beer belly in dat lil hole Shits made for chinamen to work on any idea how much hoses n what sizes I think yrs ago guys told me island racing had line kit I looked think they closed now days one guy said he used like 20’ 1/8 n has to be marine shit ty again man kenny here

mss135

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length