• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse bucket would not move on 2019 Chapparal Vortex...... but throttle fine

JerryJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello all,

I am not just a new jet boater but a new boater period, and I found this forum by chance. It seems to be a fantastic place to source and share info amongst folks with the same passion....Jet boats.

I recently bought a second hand 2019 Chaparral Vortex 2430 VRX Jetboat, and have run in to a problem with the reverse bucket not responding when the shift level is moved back or forth.

It moved fine right after I finished servicing the boat and testing the systems on the trailer. Then as I was about to put it in to the water for the first time, the bucket suddenly stopped moving as we were attempting to back it off the trailer.

I took it back out of the water and disconnected the cable from the link to the bucket, and recognized that the cable doesn't respond when the shift is being moved back and forth. The dash at the helm also indicates an E-reverse module error.

I noticed on another tread related to another type of Jetboat on this forum, that a poster mentioned a disengaging switch at the helm.

Does anyone know if there exists such a switch on the 2019 Chaparral Vortex 2430 VRX, or could this be a broken or dislodged cable?

If a broken cable, would anyone know where to source the correct cable and a procedure to replace it?

Also, where would I find a shop service manual for this boat?

Thank you for any input as I am quite mechanically inclined, but lost on this one, and not wanting to start tearing things apart unnecessarily.

JetBoat195G

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Jerry

I had trouble with mine sticking towards the end of the season. Took a couple of back & fourths but it never just stopped working.... I was told to keep the shaft of the reverse buckets clean and lubed, the slightest catch would cause it not to work and to make sure the latch at the buckets was fully engaged. I'm not 100% sure but I think it works off a servo, not a switch. Does it say "R" on your Medallion screen?

Jijordon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Jerry

I had trouble with mine sticking towards the end of the season. Took a couple of back & fourths but it never just stopped working.... I was told to keep the shaft of the reverse buckets clean and lubed, the slightest catch would cause it not to work and to make sure the latch at the buckets was fully engaged. I'm not 100% sure but I think it works off a servo, not a switch. Does it say "R" on your Medallion screen?
Thank you very much for your answee and help.
It turnes out that it may have been a low battery.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
These boats are very sensitive to low battery. Best to keep them on a battery charger.