• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Ribbon delete parts

Fitrider19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Riva racing ribbon delete kit and the k/n filter/spark arrestor. They were installed for less than 5 hours on my 2017 ar195 then I removed them when I sold it. $159.00 new. $100 shipped within the us.IMG_20180321_183057214.jpg

S-Bond

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you know if this would fit the 2012 ar190? It's the na 1.8l.

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR195.. what are the performance benefits of this mod?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will let the engine breathe better, maybe a 200rpm top end increase.
Slightly better mid range gain

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will let the engine breathe better, maybe a 200rpm top end increase.
Slightly better mid range gain
So worth it or not?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So worth it or not?
It is a must do in N/A 1.8s. In SC it is more of a project and the gains may not be tangible.

--

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is a must do in N/A 1.8s. In SC it is more of a project and the gains may not be tangible.

--
Cool thanks for the honest feedback

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
where did you order these from? I'm interested in yours, but I'd need another set as well, and I need to make sure they'll work on mine.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where did you order these from? I'm interested in yours, but I'd need another set as well, and I need to make sure they'll work on mine.
RIVA racing, or order from greenhulk (with 10% discount blah blah), but make sure you specify exact the model - check the part number for your MY 1.8. Yamaha has changed the intake manifolds back and forth, it is impossible to keep track, and there are two different sizes.

--

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
RIVA racing, or order from greenhulk (with 10% discount blah blah), but make sure you specify exact the model - check the part number for your MY 1.8. Yamaha has changed the intake manifolds back and forth, it is impossible to keep track, and there are two different sizes.

--
Yeah I’ve tried to figure it out as well, I’m not so sure there is a “system” to it. I think Yamaha just randomly pulled parts off shelves when building engines. lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On my 192 the biggest difference I could tell was increased throttle response and my RPM's were a hair higher. Top speed was unaffected. Engine will sound a little throatier. It's kind of a chore to swap out the ribbon on a SC boat because it's down at the bottom of the engine where the throttle body is. You have to remove the intake manifold in order to remove the throttle body in order to remove the ribbon, so yea it's kind of a pita. Was it worth it? Eh, I don't think so for the SC boats considering how much I bitched along the way during the install. The N/A boats seem to respond better to the ribbon delete than the SC boats. In hindsight I probably would have removed the intercooler as well since it opens up some room to work. Stuffing your arms down in the bottom of the engine isn't fun unless you're a smaller guy or have super long arms then maybe not an issue. I had bruises on my chest for a week because of laying across the engine for so long :D

KyleP

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my 192 the biggest difference I could tell was increased throttle response and my RPM's were a hair higher. Top speed was unaffected. Engine will sound a little throatier. It's kind of a chore to swap out the ribbon on a SC boat because it's down at the bottom of the engine where the throttle body is. You have to remove the intake manifold in order to remove the throttle body in order to remove the ribbon, so yea it's kind of a pita. Was it worth it? Eh, I don't think so for the SC boats considering how much I bitched along the way during the install. The N/A boats seem to respond better to the ribbon delete than the SC boats. In hindsight I probably would have removed the intercooler as well since it opens up some room to work. Stuffing your arms down in the bottom of the engine isn't fun unless you're a smaller guy or have super long arms then maybe not an issue. I had bruises on my chest for a week because of laying across the engine for so long :D
Sounds like a big no from me lol

1_fast_ar240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try doing it on a jet ski, i have done so many i lost count, always a fun project soecially when you tel lpeople labor cost for a 25 dollar part.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I couldn't imagine shoving my arms along the side of the engine in a ski! My arms would look like I would've been in a gang knife attack o_O :D