• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ridesteady with supercharged engine require bov?

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am just thinking out loud here and looking for some opinions and discussion.

i have noticed with the ridesteady active it revs the engine up and down almost constantly, which has caused me to wonder if that is wearing on the supercharger clutch? Granted it is only a few hundred rpm up or down it is still something.

thoughts?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I don't think that would hurt anything. The damage is done when the throttle is cut back instantly from high rpm. A good example is a jetski catching air and hitting the rev limit over and over, or cutting the throttle hard every time you stop.

I think its more of slow buildup of damage until it fails. Definitely worth it to make a habit of throttling down smooth and slow and avoiding catching air that causes the rev limiter to cut out.