• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Right Engine Problems

mdopp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year I had to replace the control module on the port engine because the computer was keeping the fuel injectors open and dumping gas into the cylinder. That engine is running fine. Now the right engine is running rough a low idle, does not feel like it has the same power, and I noticed a strong gas smell and what appeared to be gas on the water surface. I am hoping it isn't the control module. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
it's rare, your only the 3rd or 4th report of this problem. How many hours are on your engine? Are you the original owner? Did you change the other ECU ? Do you have a YDS ?

I would try to change the spark plugs first as an easy trouble shoot but with the previous issues I would certainly be thinking your ECU again but I think it would be very unusual to have two go out on the same boat,

mdopp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board,
it's rare, your only the 3rd or 4th report of this problem. How many hours are on your engine? Are you the original owner? Did you change the other ECU ? Do you have a YDS ?

I would try to change the spark plugs first as an easy trouble shoot but with the previous issues I would certainly be thinking your ECU again but I think it would be very unusual to have two go out on the same boat,

I am not the original owner. Bought it last year from the original owner.

I did replace the other ECU. During the testing to figure out last years problem we took off the starboard ECU and put it on the port side. It worked fine. That was one of the things they did to trouble shoot.

I have no idea how many hours are in the engines because it is an 04 and as I u see stand it you need to have the computer to read the hours. No gauges for that.

Not sure what YDS is.

Could there be a fuel filter problem or anything associated with that system?

I decided to take it to a dealer. I'll keep you advised

Thanks for your response.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YDS is Yamaha Diagnostic System, it a software program you can hook up to your engine to read the hours and see if it has any fault codes,

the normal filters are in the tank at the fuel pick ups,

update your profile with your location so we know where you are and hoping it's only spark plugs!