• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rims and tires came in for the custom trailer!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having a custom Boat/PWC trailer built so we can have all the toys at once. Today the builder sent this pic of the tire and rim combo I selected. Looks great so far, hoping the final product is equally nice.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Those are awesome.

Edit. I just realized that they're 16's and 8 lug. Now I'm really interested in seeing the completed set up. Must be pretty stout!!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having a custom Boat/PWC trailer built so we can have all the toys at once. Today the builder sent this pic of the tire and rim combo I selected. Looks great so far, hoping the final product is equally nice.
That's some high dollar rubber for a boat trailer. Very nice! Other then cool and aggressive looks, what's the reason for the all-terrains on a boat trailer? If I could fit 16's on my MFI trailer to get LT tires I would do it in a heartbeat. I upgraded to 16's on our camper a little more then a year ago and I couldn't be happier with the looks and piece of mind of no ST tires to worry about.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's some high dollar rubber for a boat trailer. Very nice! Other then cool and aggressive looks, what's the reason for the all-terrains on a boat trailer? If I could fit 16's on my MFI trailer to get LT tires I would do it in a heartbeat. I upgraded to 16's on our camper a little more then a year ago and I couldn't be happier with the looks and piece of mind of no ST tires to worry about.
I currently have the same All Terrains on my Shorelandr in 15" form, and like the look, and the upgraded sidewall protection of 3 ply's vs 2. They also have a very high load capacity. But otherwise, they are no better than a standard highway tire for trailer service so the sidewall strength and looks are the final equation. Obviously I ditch ST tires the moment I buy any trailer (even my 41' 5th wheel went straight to the tire guy for LT Michelin's in place of the ST's.) So yeah, 100% agree on the LT over ST issue, as long as the load capacity is same or higher than the ST's they are replacing, of course. Here are the 15" units on my current factory trailer. View media item 3471

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Those are awesome.

Edit. I just realized that they're 16's and 8 lug. Now I'm really interested in seeing the completed set up. Must be pretty stout!!!
Yeah the 6 spokes kind of disguise the 8 lugs, which was one of the selling points for me, usually the spoke count follow the lug count. Definitely overkill with twin 8k axles, but the manufacturer feels this leaves plenty of additional overhead for heavier boats, more equipment, etc. Plus the price was the same as 5k or 6k axles so that was nice.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I just got the same wheels for my boat trailer in 15". Unfortunately for me they are on back order till beginning of June.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I currently have the same All Terrains on my Shorelandr in 15" form
So you're running a 15" all terrains that are obviously a LT tire. What load range are you running? I originally had 15's on our camper and I wanted to run LT's so I bought 16" rims because of the lack of LT's in a 15. I'm running Michelin LTX load range E on the camper by the way. I doubt a 16" will fit our boat trailer, but if I can get a LT in a 15 then that is something to look into when it's time for tires again. We don't tow as much as we used to since have a cruiser now too.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you're running a 15" all terrains that are obviously a LT tire. What load range are you running? I originally had 15's on our camper and I wanted to run LT's so I bought 16" rims because of the lack of LT's in a 15. I'm running Michelin LTX load range E on the camper by the way. I doubt a 16" will fit our boat trailer, but if I can get a LT in a 15 then that is something to look into when it's time for tires again. We don't tow as much as we used to since have a cruiser now too.
I also run the Michelin LTX's on our trailer and my TV. Best tire made for that purpose IMHO.
Currently my boat setup has 15" 235/75 - 15 LT's, load range C with a capacity of 1,985 pounds x 4 units = 7,940 pounds which is way more than the boat/trailer combo will ever see.
The new units will be 2,680 x 4 = 10,720.