• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rinsing engines

dan_hoog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had my engine / mechanical stuff treated with t-9 a couple times since purchase. I've heard several people suggest rinsing the engine area.

What is the process I should use? Would it just be low pressure flow right over the engine? I'm just not sure where to run water or what to avoid, so I've left it alone. Everything looks fine, but I suspect it needs it by now. I boat in salt water and store on a lift. It seems I should rinse and reapply either t-9 or crc heavy duty corrosion protection.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Best,
Dan

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I always rinsed my engines a few times a year. Along with coating them with T9 a couple times a year. As long as you spray a cold engine and don't hit anything with high pressure, I don't think anything under there can get hurt. Probably don't need to hit the electronics on the back wall though.

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I regularly boat in salt water, when I do, I flush both engines, fog them just tad, rinse them down and put the boat away with the hatch up, so everything can dry. After a few days, I come back and coat everything with T-9 including the wires, manifolds, tubes, etc.. Then, I'll coat the jet drives. Takes me an extra few minutes, but it's worth it when dealing with salt water. If I were boating in fresh water, I wouldn't rinse the engines down nearly as much.. Still make sure they're coated with T-9.

Here's the way I look at it, these engines are from Waverunners, designed to get WET! All the electronics are sealed. As long as you're not pumping water in the intake, oil fill or pressure washing your electrical circuits, you'll be fine.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dan_hoog -
I only boat in salt/brackish water. I rinse my engines through the ports every time and have only "rinsed the engines" once. I do have them protected with the Yamaha spray and wipe them down, but they never get wet externally so maybe a wipe down here and there but for the most part I wouldn't excessively worry about it. About every 3-5 runs I do detail my boat and that's when I wipe down everything. Engines included.