• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

River Valley Power Sports, Lake Minnetonka MN

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Anyone have any experience with this dealership in MN?

I live a mile from their branch in Rochester. The Rochester store did my first winterization in September 2012 and everything went fine. It hasn't been back in the shop since. I had my old Sea-Doo serviced at their Redwing store and thought the service was excellent. Unfortunately I have friends that have not gotten good service from either store. The Minnetonka store is newer so I have no feedback for you on them.

I bought my boat from River Valley Power Sports (but in Red Wing, not Minnetonka) in 2009. It was a leftover '08.

I had a good experience with them. Price was attractive, they knew their stuff, and --importantly -- the boat was properly prepped.

Worth noting: The salesman tried the "mooring cover included" trick on me. (Where the dealer implies you are getting a new mooring cover in the deal when it is really just the shipping cover.) I knew about that trick from YJB, so I made sure to get the words "mooring cover included" in my written deal before I drove all the way over there from the Milwaukee area. After about an hour of brinksmanship, the salesman finally gave me both the shipping and mooring cover as part of the deal.

That salesman left the dealer years ago.

Anyway, my experience with River Valley was overall positive.

I bought at River Valley Rochester and have been in River Valley Red Wing several times for supplies,,, nothing real good or real bad to say. A typical dealer, typical salesman, I think they all see me coming and take me for what they can. I have not had any service since I bought the boat and I do it all myself but I have found parts kind of expensive, again, typical dealer pricing. They do have a huge inventory and sell a lot of boats.

I bought from the Rochester location. I got a new 2013 AR240 this Spring. The overall experience was pretty good. They waived the dealer prep and shipping which was bout $1,500. They had the best price for a boat that was close enough to go pick up. I was disappointed they didn't tell me the boat I was buying was a California model with the California emission system. My salesman was Eric. I have not had any service done by them.

River Valley is one of my best dealers! They have a very dedicated and professional sales staff and they sell a ton of boats. You can't go wrong with John and crew.

I purchased my boat from them used. Had a very good experience (I dealt with Paul) and I think they have attractive pricing on new and used boats. They deal in volume and have no problem arranging shipping if needed.

I bought mine from the Rochester store as well because Mtka didn't have much for inventory. Sales side of things was pretty good and everyone was really nice ans easy to work with over the phone, etc. I even had a good conversation with the Mtka Sales guys when I dropped it off and picked it up for service.

The Service dept has been so-so, but probably about what you would expect. I think the #1 issue was communication on the service side once they had my boat for some warranty work (just got it back tonight in fact). Little things really, but kinda annoying when you want to get the boat serviced and back quickly so you can get back out on the water.

I purchased mine from Rochester as well, but I did have some conversations with the Minnetonka location leading up to my purchase. I got a better vibe from the Rochester location for what that's worth.

Back