• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Riverine Patrol Boat (RPB)

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just ran across these picture from my Days in the Marine Corps and working for the Navy.
These boats are 40’ long, 10’2” beam have twin 440hp turbo charged Yanmar diesels with twin Hamilton jet pumps. Draft was 2’ static and 3” on step.
I loved these boats.
Lake Haditha, Iraq. Circa 2005
624EA06A-8517-42EF-B8D4-AE67A7961CBD.jpeg
Anyway. Just reminiscing!

Attachments

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those boats are an absolute blast to drive. I spent six months on Lake Haditha in 2007. Split time at the damn and then a COP in Rawah. I would kill to have those pumps and buckets on my boat now. Great photos. Thanks for your service devil.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Those boats are an absolute blast to drive. I spent six months on Lake Haditha in 2007. Split time at the damn and then a COP in Rawah. I would kill to have those pumps and buckets on my boat now. Great photos. Thanks for your service devil.
RIVRON 1 or DSU3?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sweet. I was The Cadre that trained the Standup and was at the school-house for 10 years. Odds are we’ve met! Or o taught you a class or three! Lol

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No kidding. That is cool as hell. I still tell people about the time we spent down there learning to drive those boats. I took the coxswain class and the Patrol boat leader class down there.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep, I taught both!!! Did you go to cape fear, new river, or Moorhead for your cullex!?

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We did it at Cape Fear. I was the Patrol boat leader for the final mission. Man that was intense but a lot of fun. Boy did we struggle with the damn terrain model tho haha

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah but did they have clean out ports for when you sucked up fishing line? 😂 😂😂
Yes they did. And a transmission so you could reverse the impellers and blow water out the bottom. To clean out the grates and blow a hole in the sand bar you were stuck on. 😋😉

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We did it at Cape Fear. I was the Patrol boat leader for the final mission. Man that was intense but a lot of fun. Boy did we struggle with the damn terrain model tho haha
Yep, I remember!! Small world!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seems to get smaller by the day.
If you ever find yourself back in eastern North Carolina, I’ll buy you a beer and let you drive one of the boats again…

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you ever find yourself back in eastern North Carolina, I’ll buy you a beer and let you drive one of the boats again…
Hell I’ll make a trip down there for just that alone! Haha.. seriously thank you. And it would be me buying the beers for sure!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hell I’ll make a trip down there for just that alone! Haha.. seriously thank you. And it would be me buying the beers for sure!
perfect, I only drink PBR!!

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Jp207

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s wicked cool! What a great time I had down there. So many stories from training down there. Boats run waaayyy ashore or up trees. I’m sure you as cadre have way more than I do.
Oh yeah. Stories and videos galore that‘ll never see the light of day!!! Haha