• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Riverrat’s Salt Water Journey

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Be mindful of the no wake zones. There is an area to the east of Robinson Island that is a no motor zone, it is enforced. You should have a second anchor for the rear. The tide change and wind will move your boat and possibly into another boat. I added a link to an article with the latest no wake zones.

No-wake zone in Orange Beach expanding to include waters of Terry Cove

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@sunbyrned Me either but I am intrigued...thank you for the link, though I am still a little confused lol

@Gym do you have pictures of where the bypass hose sits and how you hook up a fresh water hose? Also where did you get the bypass valve? (not trying to thread hack)

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@sunbyrned Me either but I am intrigued...thank you for the link, though I am still a little confused lol

@Gym do you have pictures of where the bypass hose sits and how you hook up a fresh water hose? Also where did you get the bypass valve? (not trying to thread hack)
Brent, in that link I sent you, look at posts #24 and #26. That made things a little clearer for me.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

@Brent Markham I have no pics that would help you as I have an 06 SX230 which would be somewhat different from your 18 242. but the idea is the same. You have a screened inlet from each of your jet nozzles. If you look inside the left side of each jet nozzle you will see what I'm talking about. This is your cooling line. That will connect to a hose in your lower bilge then go into your engine compartment through the rear bulkhead. You can install a stainless steel ball valve, or temporary clamp either in the engine compartment or under the cleanout tray. It sounds complicated but really not.

Others on this forum probably have pics. There may be some in the FAQ section.

Brent Markham

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you. Going to look into this because I like the idea of flushing fresh water through the boat while still in the water when finished for the day!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you. Going to look into this because I like the idea of flushing fresh water through the boat while still in the water when finished for the day!
Again @Brent Markham you have two possible locations. 1) under the cleanout tray (that's where I put mine). 2) In the engine compartment. Your choice.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gym Yeah could you elaborate. Our technology is no different than other boats other than our props. If this was cumulative then every boat on the coast would be falling apart.
I think there are several factors.
One is in an outboard you can just lift the lower unit out of the water and completely drain the engine cooling so minimal flashing does the job. On the other hand in our inboard jet boat engines that doesn’t work that way and there’s always water hanging around in the exhaust passages and water boxes.

Also consider that the technology is quite different... the materials used are likely not the same - a pair of nice Yamaha outboards will costs more than a whole Yamaha twin jet boat... lol. And those o/bs are real fly-by-wire and whisper-quiet.

Westbeach Bum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have time eat lunch at Cobalt, we love going by boat. The Zydeco Chicken Pasta is awesome and they have one of the best Bushwackers on the coast.

Last edited: