• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rookie move!

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Alright guys and gals, I pulled a huge rookie move. I was in such a rush when changing my plugs that I never compared. Turns out they were wrong . I'm an auto body techs and have turned many wrenches but what you think I should do? I replaced the plugs with the right ones and the engine runs and sounds good but each piston has a face on the top of it.... Luckily it's a two stroker so valves aren't an issue. 20180813_162603.jpg

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
drive it like you stole it....

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's what I was thinking!!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Run the hell out of it.

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Alright so today I went out and she ran so good!! Until I shut her down. Then it wouldn't idle unless in warm up mode. So I came home, pulled the new plugs, re gapped them and it's running again . I have this feeling that someone tuned the carbs out of water and when in water it is just enough work for the engine that it dies. What do you think?