• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rope Less Wakesurfing Finally Behind Our 242

Todd

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We spent most of the summer trying to go rope less. Of course my 14 year old son nailed it his second time out. We have a local shop that will let us try several boards. I'm 215lbs and I have tried the Red Rocket, and the 5.6 Hyperlite Idylwood, and I could only go rope less for 5-10 seconds, I kept diving the nose. We now have a 5.2 Liquid Force Nose Rider and a 4.8 Byerly Buzz and love them both very much. I Can go rope less with both boards but the buzz takes a lot more concentration for me. They just came out with a 5.2 Buzz that is on my Christmas list.
We have figured out the ballast pretty well without loosing seating. We moved the batteries back to open up more room under the seat. We purchesed 500lbs of lead ballast from Lead Wake and really like having the ability to move weight around instantly. We also have two 400lbs ballast bags. We put 500lbs of lead weight where the batteries were and 400lbs bag under the left rear seat. We then put another 400lbs on the floor in the middle rear. We usually have two other people that will sit on the left side of the boat. Getting the boat to list and turning slightly left is the key. We can't wait to get the Wake Wedge to make it really great!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome !!!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow!! That was an awesome ride! My wife wants to try that now.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We spent most of the summer trying to go rope less. Of course my 14 year old son nailed it his second time out. We have a local shop that will let us try several boards. I'm 215lbs and I have tried the Red Rocket, and the 5.6 Hyperlite Idylwood, and I could only go rope less for 5-10 seconds, I kept diving the nose. We now have a 5.2 Liquid Force Nose Rider and a 4.8 Byerly Buzz and love them both very much. I Can go rope less with both boards but the buzz takes a lot more concentration for me. They just came out with a 5.2 Buzz that is on my Christmas list.
We have figured out the ballast pretty well without loosing seating. We moved the batteries back to open up more room under the seat. We purchesed 500lbs of lead ballast from Lead Wake and really like having the ability to move weight around instantly. We also have two 400lbs ballast bags. We put 500lbs of lead weight where the batteries were and 400lbs bag under the left rear seat. We then put another 400lbs on the floor in the middle rear. We usually have two other people that will sit on the left side of the boat. Getting the boat to list and turning slightly left is the key. We can't wait to get the Wake Wedge to make it really great!

This pretty Nice for a 242 HUll

Probably one of the Most buoyant Hulls to Sink....

1500 lbs of Lead Sacs, will give you some seating and storage back...while still leaving room for Bags to list the boat

Throw the Wake Wedge in the Mix and you should be on your way.

A high End WakeSurf board from SoulCraft or one of the others is money well Spent vs adding even more Bags etc... It can be the difference of Catching the Wake vs Attempting Small Airs