• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rope wearing Bimini cover

Billp0806

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have just bought a 2012 242 LS. The storage boot for the Bimini is worn/frazzled from rope on the tower. How do we prevent this? Want to replace the Bimini in near future and do not want to have tears caused by rope when towing from the tower. Also, is it possible to use the tower for towing when the Bimini is open?

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
... is it possible to use the tower for towing when the Bimini is open?
Yes, we tow with the bimini deployed all the time, AR240 boat but same bimini. When wakeboarding/skiing with any 60+ft rope it is a non issue as the hull tends to pitch the bow up a bit and the rope goes over and does not touch the bimini.

However, during hard wake surfing starts (much shorter rope) with much more aggressive angle the rope can touch and ride over the bimini's edge. We have used a trailer guide pole protector sleeve or attach the rope on the (surf) side of the tower, either works.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Billp0806

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our Bimini is slightly different than what is in picture but I am planning to give it a try this weekend. My biggest concern right now is the wear on the storage boot and the Bimini when it’s not open. The straps secure the Bimini to the rearward bar directly behind the tow point and the rope rubs when towing from the tower. Thank you for your reply.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our Bimini is slightly different than what is in picture but I am planning to give it a try this weekend. My biggest concern right now is the wear on the storage boot and the Bimini when it’s not open. The straps secure the Bimini to the rearward bar directly behind the tow point and the rope rubs when towing from the tower. Thank you for your reply.
I'm really not sure I ever had the bimini folded inside the boot while towing anyone.
Those boots are kind of expensive, but there maybe a generic variety.

--