• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Rotax 1630 (300) and Yacht Devices TDEG-04

thudd3r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Anyone get this configuration to work with the rotax 300 yet? the device shows up on the devices list and the network status is all good in my chart plotter, but I dont have any gauge information. I am using the BRP adapter with the YDEG-04 and it is connected to the BUDS connector next to the fuse box

Have tried all of the steps in the YDEG-04 manual...I just get 2x flashing red led at 5 sec intervals on the YDEG-04, which points to the following:

Ignition on, but the engine network status displays a red flashing light, data about the activity of the engine is not coming to the chart plotter

1. Improper connector selected. Make sure that the engine connector of the Device is connected to a right connector. To check the connector with a multimeter see V.
2. No connection between CAN1 and CAN2. If you connected the Device to a free connector or, instead of a existing device in a Volvo Penta EVC network, install the plug supplied with Device into a free Device’s connector.
3. Invalid interface speed selected. Volvo Penta EVC and J1939 networks use a speed of 250 kbps (used by default), BRP CAN networks use 500 kbps. See V.20

It isnt #3 (have also tried 250..no go). shouldnt be #2 as I am use the jumper that came with the YDEG-04. that leaves #1...did they change the pinout of the BUDS connector or something?

thanks for any help

update us if you get it figured out

will do. have a tech ticket in with yacht devices as well

have it figured out. the issue was 2 fold...
first, 15amp diagnostic fuse was blown. replacing it took the ydeg-04 from flashing 2 reds to 1 red and 1 green. it goes to 2 greens once the chartplotter comes up and the key is set to run.

second, gauge source configuration, which on the SIMRAD GO series is a pain. although the ydeg gateway showed up as a device on the network, the plotter wouldnt let me select any of the info as a source...even after resetting to factory defaults (it just wasnt available as a source when trying to select the source for gauges).

if you have this issue, locate the config for the device (settings/network/devices then select device and configure). there is a setting for it to publish reports (cant remember the actual name but it is the only available setting and it has auto/yes/no). set it to yes then back to auto. once i did this all of the items that were monitored showed and were available for selection when programming the gauges.

When choosing the source, there is a setting for auto. good luck as i couldnt get it to work for anything external to the GO XSR

Would be nice if Simrad included instructions on setting sources

Back