• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax/BRP service?

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I realize that most around here do there own service on these engines, but for those of you that do, have you had any issues finding a place to service.

My story...I purchased my boat last year from the Chaparral dealer about 2 hours away. While I would need an actual Chap dealer for any sort of warranty work, I have called around locally for a place to service the engine/pumps so I don't have to drive two hours one way.

The first was a local marine service place that works on Yamahas and all brands of PWCs. He said he could do oil and plugs, but that was it because he could not get the parts for those motors/pumps. I called a Yamaha/Sea-Doo dealer and was told they don't service those boats for the same reason.

Is there something different about these motors and pumps from the Sea-D00 PWCs with Rotax/BRP motors? Can only Chaparral (maybe Scarab) dealers get the parts for these boats? Can't I order the parts myself online, if so, why can't these service shops?

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have a glastron, but it took my dealer a few weeks to get the right oil and computer to reset the service light. It was a pain but in the future it shouldn't take as long for me now that they know what to do