• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax engine fault codes

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Needing some help on a new active engine fault code. I have the been running with a P013A for a bit with no issues. I understand that is an O2 sensor. The new one that popped up is a P2037. I can't find anything on this one. As before, the engine seems to be running fine.

Also, when I first turn on the key, the check engine light will be on for a few seconds but goes out. It is not on while the engines are running. Is that normal?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I brought mine in last week for various items and error codes. I believe my O2s are bad. I also noticed the screws were loose and even missing on the catalytic converters. You may want to make sure they're all tight. You'll need a special socket to pull the O2 off but you should to check its condition. Mine had what looked like sand deposits on them. Do you boat in sandy bottoms?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
P013 is a downstream O2 sensor fault, doesn't impact engine operation.
Are you sure about P2037? I don't see it in the Shop Manual that @ScarabMike posted a while back
Could it be P2097, which would point again to a defective downstream O2 sensor.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Nope, just checked again. P2097.

I have not been on the boat much lately, and when I am it is pretty short trips. Engine seems to be running fine, but I will bring it in to get checked out soon.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Your inital post was saying P2037??

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Sorry, you are right...P2097 is the fault code I am seeing. Dyslexic and stupid are not the way to go through life...:banghead: