• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rotax warranty

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
the saga continues, can't get the Scarab dealer to answer my email or return my call. I have searched the web and can't seem to find any contact information for Rotax. As usual I have to be an annoying pest now and start getting nasty with people to get stuff done. Would
be nice if people actually wanted to help and stand behind their products /services. They have no problem taking your money.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What numbers do you have?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just got our BRP extended service terms paperwork in the mail and the customer support # I see is 262-884-5993

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@a4effort You should have gotten a "B.E.S.T." card with your ID number and contact info. If not, your dealer needs to get it to you. Now, here is the question.... Why are you calling BRP directly, and not having the dealer take care of their end of the bargain?

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@a4effort You should have gotten a "B.E.S.T." card with your ID number and contact info. If not, your dealer needs to get it to you. Now, here is the question.... Why are you calling BRP directly, and not having the dealer take care of their end of the bargain?
Private sale, and no books no records. They were lost in a move. I say they are quick to take your money because I paid the $300 transfer fee to Scarab. The local Scarab dealer gave me all the info to contact rec boat holdings and they never even mentioned the Rotax warranty.

Last edited:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GIVE US A CALL

(888) 272-9222

Have your VIN or model number on hand for faster assistance.

*For assistance outside of the United States, please visit the BRP Website.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, if it's a B.E.S.T. warranty, it's simple. I called, they emailed, I replied with proof of ownership and my info, and it was done. No question, no cost.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just an update. I called the number ScarabMike posted. They gave me the email address and I sent them my info. This was on Thursday last week. I'm just waiting to hear back. Not sure how long it normally takes

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, if it's a B.E.S.T. warranty, it's simple. I called, they emailed, I replied with proof of ownership and my info, and it was done. No question, no cost.
After you sent them your proof of ownership/ info how long did it take to hear back ?? Thanks

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I didn't hear back. I called a couple days later, and it was in my name though.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not that I recall, but I'd say there's a real good chance if I did they ended up in the shredder.

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A quick follow up for those that are interested. I called today because it's been a couple weeks an I hadn't heard anything, not even an email confirmation. They said the change is in the system and it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to get the new ID card in the mail. So a big thank you to ScarabMike for giving me the correct phone number to get this done.