• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rpm/speed maps?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good afternoon,

So I resealed my pumps and have "refurbished" impellers installed now from SBT.

I got to test just a bit last weekend but based on how dinged up the old impellers were, i expected a greater improvement in performance.

Boat was loaded with 4 adults and 4 kids, half a tank. Lots of wind. I was seeing 35mph at 8200rpm or so, and 42 at 9500. Did not get to do some wot testing as we got some rain, which felt like bullets at speed.... More test to come, but somr reference speeds would help.

I keep hearing the boat should jump out of the water, what rpm are you hitting to make it jump out?

Thanks!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2008 sx230

Thanks

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's what I have.. At wot I can get 45 to 48 depending on conditions and loading

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok gps or boat speedometer?

Thanks.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
GPS on chart plotter.. The one in the boat is reffered to as the dream o meter! My boat doesn't start doing anything much until about 7 k rpms. I just floor it until the boat comes up on plane and then start backing off. It will thow u out the back of the boat if u r standing up and not ready!