• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rubber piece sticking out?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0076.JPG i brought the boat home today and noticed this green rubber piece sticking out of the port exhaust valve. I don't see it as a separate piece in the service manual My marina isn't open until Tuesday any idea what it is.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Leftover silicone caulk from production. Very common. Just pull it out. No problem at all.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Leftover silicone caulk from production. Very common. Just pull it out. No problem at all.
Thanks I just pulled it out your right it's silicone it does have a hole in it like a screw went through it. Do you think that exhaust valve needs to be redone or it's just excess like you said.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, just excess. Mine came out between 1-2 years old, so it can hang in there a while, but basically at some point it comes out and freaks everyone out...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now you're officially one of us

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We really should come up with something good for this when it happens. Like we should start telling people its a piston ring and their motor is probably about to explode and they should not drive the boat until the motor is replaced. Something along those lines but def open to suggestions. Or even better yet we will call it the Exhaust valve manifold seal and tell people when they see this they need to Call Yamaha customer service (800) 962-7926 and request them to send a exhaust valve manifold seal repair kit and the it should be warrantied no matter of age age of vessel.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We really should come up with something good for this when it happens. Like we should start telling people its a piston ring and their motor is probably about to explode and they should not drive the boat until the motor is replaced. Something along those lines but def open to suggestions. Or even better yet we will call it the Exhaust valve manifold seal and tell people when they see this they need to Call Yamaha customer service (800) 962-7926 and request them to send a exhaust valve manifold seal repair kit and the it should be warrantied no matter of age age of vessel.
That reminds me when I was in the Navy on the submarine and when newbies came onboard, during field day (cleaning time) we would ask them to go forward to get a bucket of dehydrated water, the smart ones would laugh at us and the gullible ones would go forward trying to find the dehydrated water before coming back aft embarrassed.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Wow I was in the Polish navy and we had a lot of dehydrated water but the good thing was we could sleep in the submarine and leave the windows open.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fortunately I would know it wasn't a piston ring or exploded engine the manifold gasket might have had me thinking though it wouldn't make sense lol.