• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Running hours

Dan08212x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Is 109 running hours a lot for 08 212x fresh water only? (M1 motors)

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
barely broken in but the possible issue with old boat with low hours it may have sit a long time and have cracked hose and corroded bolts etc. make sure you inspect boat thoroughly and do a water test if youre planning on purchasing

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
More than 6 times that on my 212X. I think you have a gem.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would rather buy a used boat with a lot of hours than a used boat with low hours. Low hours means it sat... and sat... and sat. Sitting isn't good for any engine. This boat that you mention is 14 years old, and put an average of 8 hours on it a year. That's *maybe* two weekends for us in the summer. To give you some additional stats:

Average "summer" usage is considered about 50 hours.
If a boat was only used 8 hours during an average year (June/July/August x 8 hours a day of useable boat time = 736 potential hours per year), that means it sat for 99% of the summer during usable hours. Was it covered or not? Sat in the water? Were the engines started so oil could circulate and the pistons could be lubricated? All things (and more) to consider on "low hour" boats.

When you go to look at it, inspect EVERYTHING about it. Have them take the spark plugs out (to make sure they come out), look at the clean out ports, look for rust on electronic cables, inspect the batteries, inspect the bucket and steering cables.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Low hours also means not much wear from use. It probably sat a long time.

As others suggest, inspect it very well. But if all looks great, I would prefer it over a high hour boat.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
my 2007 has 450 hours and I feel like it never gets enough use,