• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rvshare.com

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife and I considered buying a small RV to make weekend boating trips more frequent and comfortable. Knowing little or nothing about RVs we decided to rent first. Initially we looked at commercial organizations like El Monte RV but found their rentals to be over priced and lacking in features and functionality. For example, they will rent out an rv with the location for a micro wave and tv but without a microwave or tv. The also don’t provide any bedding, cookware, toilet paper, etc. and their rental rates can exceed $400 per night depending on what type of rv you want to rent.

Along comes rv share.com. For the last several years my wife and I have been renting through this site and have had nothing but great experiences. Last weekend we rented a 2017 27’ rv trailer for $120 per night, it was delivered, setup and recovered for an additional $100 and came loaded with all the things we would have if we owned the Rv.

If you are on the fence about purchasing I highly recommend that you rent through rvshare.com first. For us, we get a hotel room on the water, right next to our boat. For context, the nearest hotel, a Double Tree, to our camping location is over 10 miles away and rooms there rent for around $200 per night. Renting probably won’t make sense if you plan to do so more than a few times per year but a friend of ours that camped with us last week brought his rv and is now considering selling it and renting instead. His rationale is that he only uses his rv 3 weekends per year but pays $80 per month ($960 per year) to store it. After factoring in his operating costs like fuel and insurance his total bill is closer to$1,500 per year. It would be less expensive and a lot less stressful for him to rent a newer and more loaded rv 3 times a year.

Anyway, I’m just throwing this out there for anyone considering buying an rv or those of you that are considering renting your rv’s out. Prices and selection vary and some won’t deliver and pick the rv up but if you look hard enough you should be able to find something that meets your needs and budget.

C68CC092-052E-400B-98B3-B25AA464906E.png

Last edited:

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
outdoorsy.com is another one.
I agree if you don't use the camper often and if you have to pay storage fees then the renting is a great option. The only reason to own a camper is if you use it often, you enjoy fixing things and you like to own things that depreciate faster than weeds will grow.

dbrock34

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree 100%. We've used Rvshare four times and Outdoorsy once in the last couple of years. Both work out great and make much more sense to my wife and I.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have my rv listed on that site. So far the rentals have been good. Paid for my storage bill and part of the slip fee.

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have rented our trailer about 6 times in the last 18 months on rvshare. Last summer we rented it to a family from memorial day until labor day. It's been good for us so far