• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Safety lanyard- ACR Olas Guardian

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is what I’m asking about: Link.

From what I gather it replaces the engine cutoff lanyard with what I can best describe as a key fob. I guess they have a lot to install it on a twin motor Yamaha. I’m interested in getting this kit because I’m terrible for remembering to clip on that red cable & I boat alone often enough that I need to take this into consideration. I plan on going much further in the 210 fsh than I ever would have in my 16’ “dinghy”, and I’m trying to take the safety considerations more serious than I did before.

Does anyone have this on their boat? Who did the install? What are your thoughts/comments?

Thanks in advance.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are a few reports of the OEM lanyard switch on here working less than perfectly. I’ve had mine not open properly with the key in extreme heat, causing the boat not to start.

A few weeks ago I had a non OEM red lanyard itself break on me while on the boat. Had it clipped on me and the other end in the key in the lanyard switch. Engine not even on yet. Turned away to do something stupid and instead of the lanyard key pulling out of the switch, the metal crimp on the red plastic lanyard lets go breaking the lanyard and sending the various lanyard keys flying everywhere except for the Yamaha style one stuck in the switch.

Murphy’s law.

Even the simplest systems can break in unexpected ways.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I admit I have found myself in greater danger from using the OEM lanyard than not, with engine cutting out unexpectedly near docks as I move about to prepare to arrive. After the second time it happened I have not done it again.

-
This seems similar to

Similar to FELL Marine MOB system.

I noticed it has been further discounted. - It has been discussed before on the board, search for some opinions.

Now that the fell is an option at this better price I just might consider it again.

My suggestion... Try what you have first and then make a decision. Perhaps the current lanyard will be just fine for how you use the boat. If not, either of these are perfectly acceptable improvements to the OEM solution.

ShireRider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I admit I have found myself in greater danger from using the OEM lanyard than not, with engine cutting out unexpectedly near docks as I move about to prepare to arrive. After the second time it happened I have not done it again.

-
This seems similar to

Similar to FELL Marine MOB system.

I noticed it has been further discounted. - It has been discussed before on the board, search for some opinions.

Now that the fell is an option at this better price I just might consider it again.

My suggestion... Try what you have first and then make a decision. Perhaps the current lanyard will be just fine for how you use the boat. If not, either of these are perfectly acceptable improvements to the OEM solution.
Thanks for the tip on the FELL system. I’m going to look into both. At this point it is more about which one I feel is from a more reliable company. I often boat alone & the lanyard is already a nuisance that I never used in my last boat and want to break that habit on this one. I don’t think either would tie into a minn kota trolling motor, but that would be an awesome option as the odds of me falling in are greatest at around 1-2mph while trolling & using the back of the boat to fish off of.