• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Salt Fork Lake (Ohio)

Ohio Dan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thought I would start a Salt Fork Lake thread to see if any other avid boaters visit that lake. We got a jet boat last year (2016) and Salt Fork is our main lake. We usually go 5-6x a year. Spent Memorial Day weekend on the lake 3 out of 4 days. Weather was calling for questionable conditions but it all worked out great.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you give some details regarding boating at salt fork? I'm only about two hours away. Where is the ramp? Any spots to avoid? Etc.

Ohio Dan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Sure. Its about a 3,000 acre finger type lake that has 2 speed zones. Has over half the lake that is no wake so it appeals to the jet boaters as well as fishing types. I believe there are at least 6 dock areas with anywhere from 1 to 4 ramps. There are two marinas - Salt Fork Marina and Sugar Tree Marina. We have put our boat in at the Salt Fork Marina ramp and the campers ramp (we go camping their often). I have not explored the numerous finger areas but have gone to various parts of the no wake zones. Mainly, we are in the speed zone nearest to the campers ramp. Depth is anywhere from 12-24 feet in the speed zones. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll answer the best I can.