• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Salt water tank in Sugar Sand

Commoreto1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme-GT
Boat Length
I’m new to the jetboat world and just picked up a 1997 Sugar Sand Tango. The previous owner gave me lots of goodies and also a saltwater tank he uses for bay use. Any idea what the purpose of this is?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ballast? Picture of the tank?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wierd. One connection?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you contact the seller again to ask him?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It looks almost like the oil tank for a 2 smoke.
What motor is in boat and is it original?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So i wonder if that tank looks like the oil tank from your boat and he used premix instead of injection? He could have simply mis spoke about the tank. If you don't know (or for anyone searching and reading down the road) on oil injection boats you would have a tank for the 2 stroke oil with a fitting on the bottom. The oil would be drawn down into a pump that is usually fed of something like the crank (remember, no cam shafts in a 2 smoke) which then will feed oil at a specific ratio to each cylinder or carburetor on the engine. This allows for not needing to premix fuel at the dock, just gas and go. It also keeps oil running through the system if you have any gas shortage or blockage(compared to premix). Also, many pumps will be variable speed to feed more or less oil depending on rpm and are not always a linear increase/decrease of oil.

I would look for the lines that would feed all this and see if there is a block off plate or an oil pump. Even if you plan on premix you should know what you got!