• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

San Francisco Bay (photo heavy)

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had not been out on the boat for 3 months and was getting the itch. With forecast high temps at 60ish, sun, and light wind, my friend and I decided to go out. We went to the free city launch ramp 1 mile from my house. The Bay is my backup boating destination because of the saltiness and lack of ability for water sports. I prefer to go to the Delta, but in the Winter it doesn't matter because of how cold the water is and the scenery in the Bay is much nicer.

We start out at the blue dot about 2/3 right of the map and half way up. Following the Oakland Estuary NW bound stop at Oakland Marina to fill up with fuel. Out the Port of Oakland, under the Bay Bridge, around Treasure Island, around Alcatraz, under the Golden Gate Bridge, turn around at Point Bonita Lighthouse, skirt the SF shoreline back under the Bay Bridge, to McCovey Cove to check out AT&T Park, took photos of a moored MAERSK ship because I have the Lego set of one. Then to the approach end of Runway 30 at Oakland to watch some planes fly over. Then back to Alameda the opposite way through a residential area. Total time out aprox 3h30m
1-26-16-boating.jpg

Port of Oakland
IMG_5628.JPG
IMG_5632.JPG
Old and New Bay Bridge. They are still in the process of demolishing the old span.
IMG_5634.JPG

My buddy and my son
IMG_5635.JPG

Downtown SF as the haze was starting to clear
IMG_5639.JPG

Alcatraz sign.
IMG_9733.jpeg
IMG_5643.JPG IMG_5644.JPG The Rock
IMG_5647.JPG

Golden Gate Bridge
IMG_5652.JPG IMG_5656.JPG Presidio Yacht Club
IMG_5659.JPG IMG_5662.JPG
Some cool rock thing
IMG_5665.JPG
With the sun at our backs now the bridge really popsIMG_5675.JPG IMG_5676.JPG
Point Bonita Lighthouse, my boat has officially entered the Pacific Ocean for the first time.IMG_5680.JPG
Right after we turned around.
IMG_5681.JPG IMG_5690.JPG IMG_5692.JPG IMG_5694.JPG
Downtown SFIMG_5703.JPG
Bay Bridge
IMG_5706.JPG
Fell Asleep
IMG_5709.JPG more SF
IMG_5710.JPG
AT&T Park. I kind of want to boat to a day game this year.
IMG_5717.JPG
Normally packed with kayaks and boats on gameday hoping to catch a home run ball.IMG_5721.JPG
Moored in the bayIMG_5726.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OAK Airport. Southwest about to depart.
IMG_5729.JPG Some odd Google boat at Alameda Marina
IMG_5734.JPG

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I checked, but there is not an "Awesome as F***!" rating.

Truly outstanding trip & pix! Thanks for sharing.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks a bunch for letting us go along with you, freezer.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Very cool pictures. Looks like a great day. Very jealous as I'm still about 3 months away from boating here in Illinois

wardial

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice one! That's a really great loop. Question - how deep was the water coming up thru the south side of the estuary? I've tried to come in from the bay that way a few times and chickened out and went back in the north side. Both times were seeing depths down there of like 1-3 feet! I also keep my boat in Alameda btw... and yes... the Delta is the home waters, but the bay is always fun for a different day. Is it summer yet?

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice one! That's a really great loop. Question - how deep was the water coming up thru the south side of the estuary?
Yeah, super shallow. 2ft deep until you can see the High St Bridge then it went to 7 and upward from there. I've seen people get stuck out there, more so by Alameda beach though.

flatsix66

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Great pics Thanks!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice trip and great write up.

The next time you boat on the bay consider stopping at angel island to hike, bike, Segway or eat. They charge $15 for a slip for the day but it's worth it for the experience. Berkeley Marina is also a good lunch time destination, they have a children's park that is maintained by the community and some good restaurants there, guest slips are free.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first gps picture what was the from a Spot or Delorme?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You hit some real landmarks all in one day. Thanks for Sharing! Great Pics and Videos.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Amazing pictures @Freezer41! I sure wish we had sights like that where I'm located. Keep them coming.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The first gps picture what was the from a Spot or Delorme?
Just my memory. When I got home, I made the path on Google Earth from where I thought we were. My photos helped me recall what we did in what order. I do want to look into a GpS tracking unit or using my phone though.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice trip and great write up.

The next time you boat on the bay consider stopping at angel island to hike, bike, Segway or eat. They charge $15 for a slip for the day but it's worth it for the experience. Berkeley Marina is also a good lunch time destination, they have a children's park that is maintained by the community and some good restaurants there, guest slips are free.
Sweet, thanks for the tip. Do you have to reserve a slip on Angel Island in advance?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know if you can reserve a slip at Angel island. I've just shown up twice now and didn't have any problems getting a slip. They must have 40 or so. Slip space may be a problem on the 4th of July or during fleet week But for the most part I think most people Use the ferry. The island trail is about 5 miles long and access is free. If you don't bring a bike you can rent one or Segway, the latter via a tour which you should reserve space on.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just my memory. When I got home, I made the path on Google Earth from where I thought we were. My photos helped me recall what we did in what order. I do want to look into a GpS tracking unit or using my phone though.
You might find navionics to your liking. It is cheaper for phones than tablets and has more functionality than I anticipate ever needing.

Attachments

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome!