• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Sandshark Anchor or el cheapo?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We took the boat out this weekend and as expected there was a bit more traffic out. We posted up at the sandbar and I'm one of those guys that can't bring myself to beach his boat. I always back it in and leave about 12" of water underneath the stern (the back of the AR makes for a great bar area anyways!). With all the traffic I had the stern line pull loose a few times. It's just a 16" dog spiral anchor. So here I am trying to decide between the cheap sand anchor listed here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DNBGF70/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_3Jkzvb0RKMGA7

Or do I spend the extra money and get the Sandshark?

http://sandsharkanchor.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=81

Anyone here used either one? Is the Sandshark worth the extra money? We don't really take he boat in salt water. Maybe one day we will but 99% of the time it'll be fresh.

Why not use a regular anchor instead of a screw type?

Thought about that. We use the danforth anchor that came with the boat and the anchor buddy (bungy) off the bow. I like the screw idea for ease of storing. It would fit in the wet storage in the stern where the impeller access holes are.

Just get another danforth anchor. Good to have two anyway. Useful in a lot of situations, that being one of them.

how hard is it to get that out of the sand? Just looking at the pictures on Amazon, it looks like it is buried in there. I assume it slips out nicely, but just looks like it would be a back breaker to remove.

It is actually very easy to push in and to remove, the holding power comes from the V shape that is directed towards the boat. I push it in with one foot and it comes up very easily with a one-handed straight up pull of the rope. But you should note that my avatar is a circle with an arrow pointing up which indicates that I am good at pulling things up! ;)

This is what I use and it works great at my sandbar. It has never come out, I use it underwater, but looks like it was meant to be used on a beach. Some sand is difficult to get it to go into, but I stab around enough until I find a spot it will go into. Its about 2 foot long so that makes me feel like it would take a lot to actually pull it out....

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...=Shore-Spike-Boat-Anchor-With-25-Rope&i=76827

After posting this I found it on Amazon for less, although it seems like the anchor line isnt included on the amazon one...
http://www.amazon.com/MarineTech-Pr...F8&qid=1432696188&sr=8-2&keywords=shore+spike

Last edited:
Back