• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sanibel/Ft Myers Aug 7-10

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ill be heading there during those days and staying in Sanibel.
Just reaching out if anyone wants to meet up and burn some gas.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watching the weather but everything is a go.
Hoping to meet up and take trip north to Gasparilla Island

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To bad you aren't going earlier. We are taking the boat out to Cayo Costa and the Boca Grand sandbar tomorrow.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
To bad you aren't going earlier. We are taking the boat out to Cayo Costa and the Boca Grand sandbar tomorrow.
Is boat only allowed to go out on Saturday 😆😆

I'll be launching from Sanibel and staying at Colony Club thats on the beach. I round the lighthouse and hotel is right there.

LMK if you go out again while I'm there. Would be nice to have another Yamaha. I hate exploring alone unfamiliar channels so I always stay ocean side.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Pay attention to the weather! I just got back, was there last week. Got caught in a hell of a storm. 3’ seas, lightening and torrential rain for 30+ minutes. Luckily I was in the ICW but I had to call it and get out of the channel to ride it out. Decided that after the 40’ boats in front of me decided to do the same thing. There are bad thunderstorms daily between 2-4.
9DB27B3E-ED51-4B89-9CFA-A3A43F9500A9.png

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You're a little to far South for me AND I don't have a Yami. :winkingthumbsup" Don't forget sunscreen and brings lots of beverages. It get really HOT out there.

Have fun!!!

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Running into debate as to if I should do Publix before I enter island as check in is at 4pm or use boat a few hours then go to Publix and then to hotel?
It will take at least 3hr to get to point of supermarket and ~3 miles from public ramp before bridge to Island which has a toll and their ramp is hourly.
I'm planning to leave before 10 and I'll be at intersection of debate ~1pm.
I could drive slow or leave later to coincide with check in and use boat in late afternoon? I guess it will depend on weather as AN storms are common but I hate losing first day of vacation/boating if I have bad weather to look forward to but I need groceries.

Thoughts?
How does everyone else do check in and get most of day if they take boat with them?

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Park the boat at the public ramp at Punta Rassa. There are a ton of grocery stores just prior to the bridge and I would recommend the Walmart at San Carlos and Summerlin. There is no good shopping on Sanibel so stock up before going to your condo. The cost for the bridge is 6 dollars so plan accordingly. You are staying at a great spot for boating. Just be careful of shallow areas and pay attention to the speed limits as there are some protected areas around Sanibel (Seagrass/Manatees). If the weather/waves cooperate head down towards Lovers Key, good boating down there.....I lived at Punta Rassa and know the area pretty well.

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I just put a deposit on a 275SD and will be docking it at Tarpon Point Marina. We live in Cape Coral and hang at the Lighthouse Beach in Sanibel a lot. Looking forward to boating that area now.

We spend summer months up north but looking forward to getting back down there and getting the 275 in the water. I've rented boats and been out on others so looking forward to having a boat down there full time.

Gasparilla Island is great and the South Beach Bar & Grill has great food. The channel between Gasparilla and Cayo Costa can get pretty nasty when the wind kicks up so keep an eye on that.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got slammed by storm by 4 and I was informed that gate locks at 7 at chevron so boat was parked for day.

Hoping to get jump start in morning.

Attachments

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I recognize the places in your photos!

You have to keep your head on a swivel for sure when it comes to the weather down there this time of year watching the cloud formations and wind direction.

I had a '14 SX912..... how does your 190 do in those waters?

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All great information.

I have been coming here a few years already so Im familiar with area.
It just seems I pick the wettest time to come :(

#Judge i have no problem with SX190. I boat ocean side usually and ride the waves on cruise control.
Wish I had more power but no complaints to how boat rides.2

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pictures of yesterday

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Torrential downpour.

Made it to bridge at Lovers key end.

Anchored with double set up(the best tip) and rinding out Strom before heading back to sanibel

Storm hit again on way back. Had big waves and white caps.

Will load video later.

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a video of crossing from Lovers Key to Sanibel.
The wind was blowing with white caps all the way

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Here's a video of crossing from Lovers Key to Sanibel.
The wind was blowing with white caps all the way

Thanks for that video!

I have been hoping the 275SD will handle those waters well... there are a lot of naysayers out there but your SX190 seems to be doing pretty well at 25 knots trying to outrun that storm.

I wish we were down there with the new boat. We would have liked making some runs and hanging out... maybe next time you get down there.