• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Santa came early this year!! Our new SX190 !,

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
OP.. congrats on your boat, you will love the SX !!!
Thanks @Maccam26, love the boat so far... docking and loading challenges so far but thanks to all the awesome members on this great forum, I’m sure I will master it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Next time you take the boat out, drive out to a nice cove and toss out a fender (without the rope attached). Then practice pulling up next to it pretending it's a dock. That way you can get the idea of maneuvering a jet boat without the fear of hitting something hard and stationary like a dock or boat. It doesn't take long to get the hang of these boats and before long you'll be a pro.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Next time you take the boat out, drive out to a nice cove and toss out a fender (without the rope attached). Then practice pulling up next to it pretending it's a dock. That way you can get the idea of maneuvering a jet boat without the fear of hitting something hard and stationary like a dock or boat. It doesn't take long to get the hang of these boats and before long you'll be a pro.
Thank you!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Maccam26, love the boat so far... docking and loading challenges so far but thanks to all the awesome members on this great forum, I’m sure I will master it.
I, as well as many others have found that adding trailer guide posts, in my case VeVe Guides, they are a big help at launch and load (retrieve). cross winds/currents do not push your boat off the trailer, if that is your challenge.

Edit: Afterthought, X2 on @haknslash fender suggestion. Fenders work, no lines tho as he said. Did that with our Yamaha. When we were practicing with the 35' Beneteau we used mooring buoys and "no wake" zone signs. These are good for reference, for me, because they are not subject to wind and current. Another good maneuver is a "standing turn". Basically pivoting the boat around nearly within it's own length using throttle and steering inputs.

Last edited:

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"Rookie Rods" aka VeVe guides make loading and unloading so much better ! Pick a depth to drive trailer in . Use same reference every time. We use trailer fenders just submerged.