• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sarasota Venice area

venicebrian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
anyone using their fsh in the inter coastal or gulf areas near Venice or Sarasota?

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy the sport model.. I'm heading to Clearwater today to take another look and possibly schedule a sea trial..

This will be my second boat.. Super excited..

Any feedback from locals would be helpful!! Thanks in advance.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We usually go out of Venice or Englewood. The fsh is a great boat for this area.

venicebrian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are you from venive? Any chance you were on Venice ave Thursday with the boat in tow?

That's what made me check this boat out...

I'm just coming back from cleRwater right now after looking at the last 2016 they have...

I'm gonna have to travel real far to get one or wait until the 2017 models come out..

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We were pulling the fsh on Venice av on Friday with a black Nissan Titan. Are there going to be any improvements to the 2017 model?

venicebrian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah must have been Friday .. I googled that boat right when I got home.. Went at looked at one yesterday.

So the salesman at cycle springs had zero info on the 17 models, couldn't tell me pricing or mods if any.. He said he'd call me in a week or two...

Did you get the sport model or get a t-top put in yourself?

Cycle Springs offers a deluxe model with their own aftermark t-top that definitely provided more shade, led lighting and a storage compartment.. I wonder if any additional drag was noticeable.. And if they price difference was worth it. Or if I buy the standard model and have a local here build a t-top..

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We got the sport. Some if the other t tops look good.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Very nice to have a T top, no straps or anything else in your way for fishing. Always shade somewhere and something to hold on to while moving around boat.

Sid&Lisa

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
anyone using their fsh in the inter coastal or gulf areas near Venice or Sarasota?

I'm about to pull the trigger and buy the sport model.. I'm heading to Clearwater today to take another look and possibly schedule a sea trial..

This will be my second boat.. Super excited..

Any feedback from locals would be helpful!! Thanks in advance.
Did you pull the trigger? how as Cycle Springs to deal with?

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I purchased my FSH Sport from Barney's. Went to both CycleSprings and Barney's multiple times and chose Barney's. I bought their last FSH.

venicebrian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't pulled the tripper yet.. They're calling me all the time now that the boats are coming in... I can't decide on the setup.. And if I should have them do electronics or do it after the fact..

venicebrian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I purchased my FSH Sport from Barney's. Went to both CycleSprings and Barney's multiple times and chose Barney's. I bought their last FSH.
Any reason you picked barneys over cycle?

Any difference in cost.. Was hoping they'd be willing to deal a bit.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any reason you picked barneys over cycle?

Any difference in cost.. Was hoping they'd be willing to deal a bit.
I thought Barney's was more laid back and more pleasant to deal with, plus they called me back/returned my calls a couple times. I had a couple calls to Cycle Springs never get returned, from a single salesman, who seemed good when I talked to him a couple other instances. Both places had only one FSH Sport in stock. Barney's surprisingly offered $1000 off their price, which was MSRP + their fess, which were all the exact same prices/fees at Cycle Springs (so apples to apples). You might get $500 to $1000 off, but I doubt it'll happen (but I hope it works out for you). If you want to buy any products after your purchase a boat, ask for some Yamaha products to be thrown in the deal, and ask for a 14 to 30 day 15% off coupon, which will help with a new factory FSH Sport cover.

Barney's showroom is crazy huge and I had started talking with a single salesman and stuck with him for the few weeks up until my purchase. Those things helped with my decision to go Barney's also. One more thing, I was impressed with the service/installer at Barney's, after I purchased. The guy has the best transom-mount transducer location really dialed-in. He installed my 7" Garmin touch screen unit with a Garmin GCV10 box and included smaller sized transducer (side/down view, with higher freqs CHIRP). Installing electronics is a breeze on the FSH Sport, with the center console and the changing station access, but I was skeered when it came to cutting and drilling those holes and cut-outs in meh new boat lol (plus I knew he'd do it right re: the transom mounted transducer).

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have nothing but great things to say about my experience at Cycle Springs. I fully intended to go to Barney's being a St Pete resident but ended up near cycle springs and had such a great experience with my sales guy Scott Ellis and got a great deal on the boat. It was the last day of the month and they had a few FSH Sports in stock at the time. :) Barneys I drive by weekly and had only seen one FSH there before. Service after the sale as well as the parts guy at Cycle springs have been great. They threw in most everything I needed to be coast guard ready and gave me what was supposed to be employee cost on all accessories day of purchase. All in all it's been a great experience so far.