• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Saving dock from tropical storm/hurricane

@Southernerd - I heard on the news yesterday something to the effect that after Irma, it took the St John’s River 30 days before it hit is peak. Just sharing, so you can keep an eye on your property.

Glad to see your efforts preserved your dock!!

@Southernerd - I heard on the news yesterday something to the effect that after Irma, it took the St John’s River 30 days before it hit is peak. Just sharing, so you can keep an eye on your property.

Glad to see your efforts preserved your dock!!
It's already higher than Irma per the flood gauges. Considering it drains central Florida from Vero north, I'd imagine there's quite a bit of water heading our way.

What? I thought the storm surge had come and gone already. 30 plus days to get back to normal / average water level, that’s crazy. So you can’t use the roads or reopen business for a while?

What? I thought the storm surge had come and gone already. 30 plus days to get back to normal / average water level, that’s crazy. So you can’t use the roads or reopen business for a while?
River is different, while storm already gone, north part (or upstream) of the river could still get rain or leftover water still draining to river. Plus hurricane/storm could still be up there and will continue to flow downstream.

The storm tracked over watershed for the river system. All that rain for 100+ miles has to drain through the river and lake.

@Ronnie
Florida is rather flat, the peak elevation in central FL is just over 300 ft. I lassoed in yellow the St John’s river, which flows north to Jacksonville. The red X is Lake George, which the St John’s flows through. To my understanding the vast majority of lakes in Central Florida drain to the Saint John’s.

43B9681D-3A92-4F0F-819D-DE379A4AD1FD.jpeg

@Southernerd - Has the water started to recede at your property yet? I believe it was late last week water levels in Sanford were back to manageable levels.

@Southernerd - Has the water started to recede at your property yet? I believe it was late last week water levels in Sanford were back to manageable levels.
I was up a couple weeks ago and it was close. I'm hoping I can put my deck boards back this weekend.

Attachments

• 20221022_164347.jpg
    20221022_164347.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 69
The saga continues. In roughly 40 days, about 1.5 ft of the 3 or so ft flooding has gone down. But...per the current advisory we could see storm surge of 2 to 4 ft not counting new flooding. Not sure what to do with this information other than cross my fingers.

The saga continues. In roughly 40 days, about 1.5 ft of the 3 or so ft flooding has gone down. But...per the current advisory we could see storm surge of 2 to 4 ft not counting new flooding. Not sure what to do with this information other than cross my fingers.
At this time we are out of the cone of the possible track of this one in SWFL, we found out all to well how that can change. A lot of people still trying to recover from Ian, hope you make out ok.

Time for you to invent quick release dock board. Must be exhausting to remove/install repeteadly in short period of time.

The track on thus one looks like a lot of rain for Florida over the next few days.

Time for you to invent quick release dock board. Must be exhausting to remove/install repeteadly in short period of time.

These would be easier

Back