• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SBT reman engines!! Stay away!!!!!!

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello jet boaters! I have a 2013 sx240. Long story short it needed an engine.i decided to go with 2 cause the cost thru SBT was 4k each plus parts and labor.they sent me two.starboard side great, port side blew water and oil out of the crankcase ventilation.sent it back, they sent another after a while of frustration! Number 2 had cam clearance too tight causing them to eat through the head and loud tapping.my Yamaha dealer got SBT to approve taking the head cover off and inspection.sbt sent another head.upon inspection of the replacement the cam hold down on exhaust side had a hairline crack and the intake valves we're out of clearance.we now got SBT convinced they are terrible manufacturing people and placing a factory head on this thing.my boat went into the shop June 4 the and today is August 7th.supposed to be done today or sunday.people who are reading this I'm telling you this isn't a fluke.they are legit not a real reman shop. Yamaha 1.8s guys find yourself an in house machine shop! But new and spend the money.sbt can go to the toilet for ruining my whole summer! These guys are a joke!!!!! SBT manufacturing, short block technologies, Clearwater Florida stay away!! Text me if you are thinking of using them.i will talk you out of it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello jet boaters! I have a 2013 sx240. Long story short it needed an engine.i decided to go with 2 cause the cost thru SBT was 4k each plus parts and labor.they sent me two.starboard side great, port side blew water and oil out of the crankcase ventilation.sent it back, they sent another after a while of frustration! Number 2 had cam clearance too tight causing them to eat through the head and loud tapping.my Yamaha dealer got SBT to approve taking the head cover off and inspection.sbt sent another head.upon inspection of the replacement the cam hold down on exhaust side had a hairline crack and the intake valves we're out of clearance.we now got SBT convinced they are terrible manufacturing people and placing a factory head on this thing.my boat went into the shop June 4 the and today is August 7th.supposed to be done today or sunday.people who are reading this I'm telling you this isn't a fluke.they are legit not a real reman shop. Yamaha 1.8s guys find yourself an in house machine shop! But new and spend the money.sbt can go to the toilet for ruining my whole summer! These guys are a joke!!!!! SBT manufacturing, short block technologies, Clearwater Florida stay away!! Text me if you are thinking of using them.i will talk you out of it.
Ebay will have parts for a lot of things and i pieced together my old 2 smokes because i had heard similar stories to yours. Unfortunately you aren't the first.

Brandon neidemire

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya I found a head on eBay ,but the marina had an open one tucked away upstairs for a magical moment they said.they are charging SBT for it and getting it rolling as I type.i will do it myself next time! S.B.T. stands for ( SHOULDN'T BUY THEIRS)