• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scan tool

BeitzDUB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello.
Earlier this summer we picked up a 2016 Scarab 195HO.
Over the past weekend we had some codes come up about the reverse drive. I can see the codes in the cluster, but, from what I have gathered, I need a scan tool to clear them or begin any diagnosis. I believe the codes came up because the reverse bucket was blocked and could not complete a full range of movement.
So far I've found the
-CanDooPro
-SBT scanner tool 102

Does anyone recommend one over the other? Or is there another tool I've missed?
I am not a "backyard mechanic", I own a very successful Audi and Volkswagen repair and modification shop(HMW). So learning to fix my own boat is the only thing that makes sense in my head. So please no, take it to a shop advices.

advTHANKSance
-Hardey

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have the CanDoo Pro. I like it, it works great and can be used on different boats (I cannot confirm this as I've only used it on mine). Mine came with 3 licences. Each engine takes a licence. BRP has one now for the same price $400.
There's info in the Scarab section which @ScarabMike explains how to use it. Good luck!

Oh, welcome to the forum :Welcome:! Thanks for singing up. Please share pictures of your boat and outings. We all like pictures (proves you have one :winkingthumbsup")

BeitzDUB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks for your reply. I will search that user. I added a photo of ours as a profile picture. Here's another few and my other "jets" ;)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sweet, nice shots. That Kawasaki looks like a lot of fun!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Joatmon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I can vouch for the CanDoo Pro. Works great for diagnostics and service interval resets. There is also a forum for resource.

BeitzDUB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I received my CanDooPro. Super easy to install and set up. Shipping was quick. Very happy with the product thus far.
However, there were no codes stored for anything related to the reverse module. I did find some o2 sensor codes I will have to address in the off season.
So I just started taking things apart and following wires. About half an hour into tracing wires I found an inline fuse...it was blown. I replaced it. All good now :)

Joatmon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Great find. In the future if need be you can use the CanDoo forum for help from the members.