• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 almost sank

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2016 31 hrs, probably good if it’s a car boat sitting low hours for years tends to rot in this case it’s likely headache boat for previous owner thus the low hour, just putting it here for prospective new buyer

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did they check to see if the replacement driveshaft is the correct length?

SandMan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yes, it’s had the same issue with both driveshafts

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes, it’s had the same issue with both driveshafts
Well that’s odd. I see in your other thread that the dealer reached out to scarab for guidance. Hopefully it’s something simple in the assembly.

As a last resort there are a few companies out there that can make a custom length driveshaft. The custom pwc guys on green hulk would be who to ask. What little I know about seadoo engines in a scarab…seems like it might be hard to hard to adjust the motor mounts.

SandMan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Gosh I really don’t want to have to go that route for a stock boat, plus I don’t know if the dealer would be on board with that - there’s got to be some way to adjust the position of it

SandMan123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
The mystery has finally been solved. My driveshaft was missing the rubber bumper that goes against the engine, which is why it wasn’t making full contact with the impeller splines. It was out of warranty so I’m having to foot the bill even though this looks like it was a manufacturing oops.