• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 ho impulse faul codes

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you need to call Scarab headquarters and get your dealer the needed equipment. Explain to them your problem -- you bought a boat from a scarab dealer that can't diagnose the motor.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried to get MarineMax to diagnose the codes, and they havent got back to me. Ill let you know what they say.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike maybe you can also confirm if they need special software or connector to read scarab engines vs. seadoo pwc or boat engines,

RicardoPeru

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @RicardoPeru glad that you found us and decided to join. Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm sure the Scarab guys will do everything they can to help you out.

Additional information might be helpful though. How many hours are on the boat? When did the situation first arise? How long has it been doing this for? Are the batteries new/charged? Etc.

Anyway. Hopefully you'll get it all figured out soon. Good luck!!
The boat is new only has 20 hours. First I worked all right, but then does not pass 6000 RPM and appeared four error code: P2097-P0127-P0130-P014C.
I think it is some sensor, but I dont have the parts manual to order them USA

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe these may be standard OBDII Codes which would be a hugely positive step for the industry!

P0127 - Intake Air Temperature Too High
P0130 - O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1
P2097 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1
P014C - Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Circuit Slow Response

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce

Those are exactly what MarineMax just replied back with. Luis says you may have a bad or clogged MAF/MAP sensor causing havoc with the fuel mixture. That will affect your emission system (thus the 02 failure). I hope this helps!

He also said that if you have issues with getting Scarab service, to call your local BRP dealer with your engine serial number, and they should help. There are tons of these world wide. They will honor your engine warranty.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also remember BRP Rotax engines are used in SeaDoo, CAN AM motorcycles, and some airplanes. If you know of an Evinrude dealer they may be able to help as well.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike thanks for trying to track this down, did they mention if a special connector or software was needed? Ricardo's BRP dealer could not make it connect, just trying to make sure we asked the exact right questions,

The problem that the boat is in Peru and dealer of brp can not access my computer. The need special software scarab.
I have a Sea-Doo dealer in my town. We made the attemp, but his scanner does not detect my computer. Talk to the people of Rec Boats in USA and tell me it is a especial software for scarab.
@RicardoPeru did you buy your boat from a scarab dealer in Peru ?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas Its not just a Scarab issue with reading the codes. Looks like even CAN-AM people are having issues with the software as well.
http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/topic/15096-procom-programable-ecu/page-6

Brp dictates who gets what. Seadoo's have less restrictions and no land laws like the contaversal atv's. There is lots of tree huggers that are against atv's. The brp suits and lawyers have to maintain a level of safety. As well a level of emissions. hence, no race untis or open tuning. Do seadoo's require emission standards???? Strict?

I have the program seimens uses at the factory. It is not connected through canbus, but connected directly to the main ic chip inside the ecm. ECM has to be dismantled to access. The program can pull the whole flash code.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RicardoPeru were able to make any progress with this ?

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks, a lot. I'm talking to my marina to see if their technicians can look at my boat and diagnose the engine light. If not, I'll have to plan a trip to the dealer.

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just had fault code PO300 and PO301
Any insight? I believe that the PO300 is a misfire but not sure about the PO301.
Thanks

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Same fault, one is just more specific.
P0300 : Misfire Detected
P0301 : Misfire Cylinder #1 Detected

That could sometime be happening upon acceleration after a long steady state operation.
Depending of the ambient condition (humidity), the dew point could be reach in the intercooler, thus creating condensation.
Upon acceleration some of the moisture (water) trapped in the intake plenum, will be processed into cylinder#1.
If it doesn't clear up or if you have this problem often, you may then have a leaking intercooler.

Grayjrk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks Jet Tech you were right on!
So in the mean time I contacted the closest Scarab dealer and they said they were to busy to look at my boat and referred me to another Scarab dealer over 2 hours away.
Little did they know the other Scarab dealer referred me to them. I am disappointed with the local Scarab dealers to say the least.
Just an FYI in case others have this problem to. My old mercury repair marina offered to service the Scarab and Rotax 4 TEC but are unsure how to get approved by Scarab??

Joncul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Any idea on codes: P013F and U0410??