• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 open id

task2775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I have 2017 Scarab 195 Open ID Is only running 33mph flat water at 7500 rpm. It got 17 hrs on it. It doesn’t go any faster than that. I have taken to the dealer more than 3 times for the issue. I got absolutely no where with them. Can someone help me with this. Supposedly changed the O2 sensor and nothing.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi and :Welcome: to the forum!

A 3+ year boat with only 17 hours? Wow, great find. Sounds like the boat has been sitting for a while. Do you know if she's cavitating? The impellar must be a slip fit with its housing. Could there be blockage in the jets (although the dealer should have noticed that)? Can you provide pictures of the drive system? This may help.

task2775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
can you elaborate? Where is the drive system? So I can send you pics. I checked the bottom of the boat there’s nothing clean!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Take a picture from behind the boat. Then a picture of each jet looking into the nozzle. Let's start there.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Try and get a picture in focus looking at the impeller. Trying to see if there's anything else in there and there is no damage. Also, keep in mind, WOT speed is ~40mph.

task2775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Sorry but does the Acronym WOT mean?

task2775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
i went on a sea trail with a tech on my boat. The water was choppy and my boat was running close to 40mph then 5 days later I take it out in the water, after picking up from the shop WITH FULL TAKE OF GAS . it’s still running 30 / 33 mph again. Don’t know what’s going on! This is frustrating already.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hoping others with the same boat will chime in and provide some insight. Which engine (HP) do you have? Where are you located? You on a lake or salt water?

task2775

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I will take a better pic. 250 supercharged. I’m in Homestead Fl. I launch on the ocean. Not a lake.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If your mechanically able, I'd take the bucket and drive unit off and inspect yourself. I did it on my Yami but not with BRP drive system. If you do a search you should be able to find others who have posted on this. @ScarabMike @JetTech72 are very knowledgeable and could offer insight. They've helped lots of members on various issues.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Can you post a couple of pictures of the intake? This is the rectangular opening underneath the boat where water feeds into the jet. There is a grate with parallel bars. If you look up inside this grate, you can see the face of the impeller, the impeller boot, and a stainless steel sleeve that houses the driveshaft.
Also, can you post a picture looking directly at the jet (from the back) with the throttle in the forward position? It would be best if you kneel down so the camera is the same height as the jet.

Coltman45

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open G
Boat Length
Did ya figure it out?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Scarab 195 Open with Rotax 250 will run around 35/36 at 7500 rpm, and should do about 43/44mph at 8000rpm.
and that's light. If you had a full tank of gasoline, people & a few cases of beer, then obviously it will be slowing it down
Very important to use High octane gasoline, especially in the summer month. The engine will self protect itself & do ignition retard.
That ignition retard will scrub lots of engine speed which is directly linked to vehicle speed.