• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 Open

Craig Dionne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've got 15 hours on my 195 Open. I have an issue with it losing coolant. Lost almost two quarts in those 15 hours. I think it is a faulty cap or even a clamp for one of the hoses. Will check it out this weekend. I also noticed that the intake grate was very poorly installed. It is not flush with the bottom of the boat and two bolts have already fallen out. They were only screwed in about 1/4 of an inch. It's almost like they knew it didn't fit properly but rather than take the time to fix it, they just filled everything in with sealant. I'll be getting this fixed before I put it away for the season. My dealer is 4 hours from my boat - something I should have really considered more when I bought the boat.

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool. Thanks for the info. The only thing I can say about mine is the boat is new, but all the cushions were wet and stained when I got them. Not the covers, but the actual foam. Also the mats have some impressions in them from something resting on them that wont pop back. Should i contact scarab about this or just chaulk it up to them selling a boat...

Craig Dionne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wouldn't have taken delivery of it if I saw those things. It can't hurt to contact your dealer. I ended up getting a tailgate boarding ladder and tailgate marine mat for free as it was listed as standard in some of the brochures and as an option on others. I'm not impressed with the Scarab company as a whole. I was given a contact in customer service and he was not knowledgeable or helpful. He referred me to be BRP when I had neutral issues because they make the engine. I reminded him that I bought the boat from Scarab, not BRP. I gave me bad info and someone on here gave me the correct info.

Last edited:

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I probably should have, but the boat came from another dealer since they didnt have any in stock. Also was dealing with a bad bayliner purchase as well that I had to return. All good though. Dried the mats out and got them back in the covers. Looks good now.

Craig Dionne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just had a custom cover made for my 195 Open. It is trailerable, and can be used as a winter cover as well (although it will require supports underneath). Had it made in Maine is was just under $1000. I'm pretty happy with it. It has zippers on both sides of the tower and grommets to cinch up the cover close to the tower.

IMG_1422.JPG IMG_1423.JPG

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks great!! I would love to do something like this. Maybe next year. Still have to figure out what I'm going to do for the winter. Possibly shrink wrapped.

Side note does anyone have issues with the compartments not sealing properly and filling with water when it rains? The front 2 compartments fill with water and there's no way for it to drain out afterwards. Anyone have a solution?

ET Fisk/Ski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update; they said they cannot fulfill this and refunded my money. Can ya say deflated!!!

Old post;
I purchased a cover for my 2017 195 Open Fish today from Seal Skin. I could not find scarab covers in the search boxes but an online rep gave me this link. This should cover my boat with the tower in the forward folded position. Notice it says arch tower but they say it is for this boat. Can send it back if not right. 1200 denier. Here is the link https://www.sealskincovers.com/index.php/seal-skin-1200-boat-cover-2017-scarab-195-open-fish-fold-down-arch.html

Last edited:

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update; they said they cannot fulfill this and refunded my money. Can ya say deflated!!!

Old post;
I purchased a cover for my 2017 195 Open Fish today from Seal Skin. I could not find scarab covers in the search boxes but an online rep gave me this link. This should cover my boat with the tower in the forward folded position. Notice it says arch tower but they say it is for this boat. Can send it back if not right. 1200 denier. Here is the link https://www.sealskincovers.com/index.php/seal-skin-1200-boat-cover-2017-scarab-195-open-fish-fold-down-arch.html
How much did everyone purchase their 195 Open for? Any regrets so far? Please post updates. Thanks.

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still looking for a cover... Might go with that Sealskincover. Love my boat. Its been in the garage for the last 5 months though. Just waiting for warmer weather.

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still looking for a cover... Might go with that Sealskincover. Love my boat. Its been in the garage for the last 5 months though. Just waiting for warmer weather.
That’s good to know. I assume you have a garage taller then 7 ft? Took measurements and doesn’t seem like anyway to get it to fit in a standard garage.

Captain_Ron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Actually wont go with that cover. Not offered in black. Actually my garage has 10' ceilings, but the opening was only 7' I believe. Had to remove the tower completely and let the air out of the tires to get it through the door. Was pretty easy to do with a little help. Worth it for the winter.

MikeC426

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Just had a custom cover made for my 195 Open. It is trailerable, and can be used as a winter cover as well (although it will require supports underneath). Had it made in Maine is was just under $1000. I'm pretty happy with it. It has zippers on both sides of the tower and grommets to cinch up the cover close to the tower.

View attachment 63838 View attachment 63839
Where/who in Maine?

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Can some one here post a pic of there 195 with the tower folded down. Does the tower get lower then the windshield? Trying to figure out before finalizing my 195 order if I can store in garage. Most say not without 8ft door. My thought was tower down and remove windshield.

MikeC426

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Can some one here post a pic of there 195 with the tower folded down. Does the tower get lower then the windshield? Trying to figure out before finalizing my 195 order if I can store in garage. Most say not without 8ft door. My thought was tower down and remove windshield.
Tower down, windshield off, air from tires, it fits in my normal garage

Yellow Jacket

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yes, with engine running @ idle & controller arm in neutral position
I have a 2016 215 HO, with the LCD display (not fancy LED one). I can't find this Neutral Adjustment anywhere. I only get Docking, Ski, Cruise, Eco and Display when the engine is on, but no "Settings."

In my boat the reverse gate is controlled by direct mechanical cable linkage, maybe in later model boats reverse is controlled electronically, like the throttle? If so, I guess I have to adjust neutral by adjusting the cable, but not through the instrument panel?

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hmm I know in 2017 and up are said to have the true neutral. They are fly by wire electronic controlled

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a 2016 215 HO, with the LCD display (not fancy LED one). I can't find this Neutral Adjustment anywhere. I only get Docking, Ski, Cruise, Eco and Display when the engine is on, but no "Settings."

In my boat the reverse gate is controlled by direct mechanical cable linkage, maybe in later model boats reverse is controlled electronically, like the throttle? If so, I guess I have to adjust neutral by adjusting the cable, but not through the instrument panel?
A 2016 with mechanical shifter doesn't have the neutral adjustemt. You need the electronic shift system.

Shelbygto2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
View attachment 58103 View attachment 58104 Bought my Scarab 195 Open new on April 28th, 2017. Its a pretty new boat so there is not much info on it but I am very interested to hear from others. Been great so far but have learned a few lessons in the last two months and 35 hours of run time.

Don't ride with the canopy top up on the interstate. (Dealer said that it was ok , it was not.) ripped the canvas and broke the top light housing. ~$120 fix.

Don't store the removable floor mats with any weight on top of them. It causes marks in the mats that does not seem to go away.

Do find a cover as soon as possible, because there is currently not one made for it. I bought one for a center console boat off of amazon for $250 and it looks and fits pretty well. Storm pro heavy duty is the brand.

The only issue I'm having is with the Bluetooth function on there kicker stereo unit. It only plays through half the speakers. When I hardwire or use the radio, it works fine. Scarab is looking into it but it's been a month with no word. Anyone having a similar issue?

I finally tried out the ski mode this weekend and I will say it was pretty great. Takes all the stress out of pulling a wake boarder. Just hit a button and the computer gets them up and to the speed selected perfectly every time.

****I recently purchased a humminburd depth finder/gps and I am looking for any suggestions on where to mount the transducer on the 195 open??

I'll be bringing the boat for the first scheduled maintenance next week and hopefully there are no issues. I'll provide an update regardless.
Is this the 200hp or 250hp??