• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195: Radio wiring harness adapter for aftermarket radio out there?

Tommy Lee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought a JVC bluetooth radio. The Sony that came with my 2014 Scarab 195 has a double-ended wiring harness that snaps into the radio and the other end snaps into the boats radio wiring harness. Does anyone know what wiring adapter I need to purchase that will snap into the boat's radio wiring harness and has loose wires that I can splice together with my radio wires? See the picture below. That's what I'm looking for, but for my make/model Scarab boat. You can look up any automobile year /make/model on car stereo web sites to find your matching one. Not that easy for Scarab boats. Is the radio harness adapter the same as an automobile make/model by any chance? Maybe GM, Chrysler or something?Screenshot_20200609-171945.jpg

I don't want to cut the harness and use the existing adapter. I want to keep it in tact so I can put the Sony back in the boat when the day comes that I want to sell my boat

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
My guess is that the harness is specific to the radio, not the boat. You might be able to find a Sony replacement harness but I'm not sure. If you don't want to remove the old harness then why don't you just splice into the wires? Then you could easily go back.

These make it real easy:

Tommy Lee

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My guess is that the harness is specific to the radio, not the boat. You might be able to find a Sony replacement harness but I'm not sure. If you don't want to remove the old harness then why don't you just splice into the wires? Then you could easily go back.

These make it real easy:
Thanks for the reply. The harness is specific to both the boat and the radio. Scarab must have popped the ends of the wires from the Sony harness into their plastic adapter that plugs into the boat's harness at the point where the radio plugs into it. I just decided that I'm going to cut the wires between the two adapter plugs and solder wire extensions on all of them to increase their length because otherwise they'll be very short.

Scott016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just replace the stock Sony unit as well and had some difficulties, so I run new wires. Admittedly I am a rookie when it comes to marine audio. Where you able to determine what the 4 wires going to the scarab harness did?