• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 195 Starter Solenoid Part#

Jacques

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

In case you need it, the Starter Solenoid Part# is: 278003012 for the Scarab 195. I have a 195 HOI but it may be the same across all 195 models, at least it's also used by many Sea-Doos.

I had it changed twice in the first year :rage: when the boat had warranty, hope don't need to use the spare one I bought.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 165 HO and three times now when I went to start it, nothing. The instrument cluster will sweep, but will not start. After messing with ignition switch, shift lever, emergency cut off switch and checking connections a solenoid, it will start. The first time is when I had pushed off the dock, so now I check to see if it will start while on the trailer. Not sure what the problem is. What made you change the solenoid?

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I have a 165 HO and three times now when I went to start it, nothing. The instrument cluster will sweep, but will not start. After messing with ignition switch, shift lever, emergency cut off switch and checking connections a solenoid, it will start. The first time is when I had pushed off the dock, so now I check to see if it will start while on the trailer. Not sure what the problem is. What made you change the solenoid?
Check your safety neutral switch.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I did check it and I think it is the emergency engine shut off switch causing the problem. Thank -You for your response.

Jacques

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay replying, in my case the boat didn't start, just did a click sound, in my case (195) coming from the port side behind the battery where the fuse box and the solenoid is.

I never had problems like yours, it has been only matter of the boat not being in neutral or forgetting the safety switch.

Gzep23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey do you know where it is? I bought the part thanks to you now I need to find it on the engine lol