• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 battery connections

Joninxs

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a twin-engine single battery setup. I screwed up and didn't label the yellow wires properly. If someone has a similar setup for a 2018, 215 ID with the sinle battery. Could you please tell me if all the yellow wires on the negative post or are some on the Positive post too? If someone could snap a picture of their battery connections and reply to me I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I commented on your other post. But yellow=negative. All of them.

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I commented on your other post. But yellow=negative. All of them.
SO, I have a single battery on my 195 open and nothing works besides the engine. I noticed that whoever hooked the battery up has 2 yellow and a red going to positive terminal and 2 yellow and a black going to neg. So all the yellows should be going to NEG? and just the one red on POS?? thanks in advance

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Correct. Unless someone messed with your wiring.... lol Unlikely.

Chrishley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Yup, I went home last night and Boom... That was the problem, thanks

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Excellent. If you prefer, I installed a bus bar where all my negative wires are connected. Then a single negative wire to the battery. Makes this easy and avoids potential mistakes.