• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 trim tabs twin 250 jets

Sxviperman1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Looking to add trim tabs to my 2016 scarab 215ho please help any and all info is appreciated, looking at the bennet bolt 912ed tabs anyone try these on a scarab 215?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I had trim tabs on my 165. Obviously not the same boat. I took them off. It was an experiment to see if I could stop the porpoising. It helped a bit, but not enough to make up for all the compromises. Mind you, these were non electric versions, the Nauticus Trim Tabs.

But, ALL trim tabs will interfere with two key things on our Rotax boats. The biggest one is reverse/neutral. The water direction happens to be redirected almost directly where your trim tabs are installed. This means it reduces the force by a huge margin. I had lost over 70% of my reverse power. Neutral was still pretty close, but not as good as without. The other issue are hard turns/spins. If you did them before, I'd be very reluctant in doing them afterward. They will most likely cause major damage to something because of the way they would scoop water. The ones I had also actually bent... but they were thin things. The forces on the screws would be immense in hard turns like that.

Obviously I can't speak to all designs of trim tabs, but I don't see how any trim tabs would get around those two specific issues. In the end, it wasn't worth it for me so they've been removed.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, those Volvo Penta ones are probably the key all around because of their design. I looked at them and just couldn't justify the cost. lol At least not on a "cheap" 165. But those are the only ones I've come across with that design.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, those Volvo Penta ones are probably the key all around because of their design. I looked at them and just couldn't justify the cost. lol At least not on a "cheap" 165. But those are the only ones I've come across with that design.
i agree, not worth the money for your 165. i would not have put them on my old speedster 150.... but for my 215 it makes a huge difference. by far the best modification made to date.

johkur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Any videos of the wake, how is this for wakesurfing when you have only one side down? Wondering if you can use along with the surf stream that directs the extra water towards the jet that cleans up the wake too, looks like there might be room for both.