• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 215 wake or 255 Wake?

Drew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
About to make my final decision between these two boats. Is the 255 worth the extra 20k?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
extra feet would be nice for bigger waters but if you are looking at wake editions you are probably inland lake doing watersports and the 215 will be faster and more fuel efficient with the same motors. Then again, it depends on the size of your typical crew!

Drew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yes inland lake for water sports mostly but also cruising around with fam and friends. Want to make sure we can fit a decent amount of people comfortably. If I can fit 10 comfortably I'm good.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The 215 will hold 10 but if you planned to have more than 8 often, I would recommend the 255.

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We love our 255. I would suggest the 255 if you plan to have 10 people and sit them comfortably. Our 255 has the twin 200hp motors and it is already breaking 50mph while still in break in at 5 hours.