• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 Open ID Mooring/Trailer Cover

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Looking for a cover for my 2019 255 Open ID. Have web searched, talked with dealers, etc. But, no joy. I'd be grateful for any ideas/assistance. Not a high volume boat but I have to believe that at least one other owner has this figured out.

Thanks a lot for you help.

BuckInNC

Looking for a cover for my 2019 255 Open ID. Have web searched, talked with dealers, etc. But, no joy. I'd be grateful for any ideas/assistance. Not a high volume boat but I have to believe that at least one other owner has this figured out.

Thanks a lot for you help.

BuckInNC
Purchased a 2021 225 open ID at the end of last season. Spent the last month trying to find a mooring cover. Looks like the only way to go is a custom cover. Having trouble finding someone to make one. Got one price $6000.00. I was told I would have to wait until mid June for him to come measure. If anyone can find one post it please.

Thanks

Tom:

Have this quote. Unfortunately the dealer they were going to pattern from sold the boat they had. And, as this is in South Florida, about 800 miles away, I could not make it work. I just checked and they do not have another one in inventory. But, the price here is a lot more reasonable than what you have.

Good luck. Hope you find something. I'm still looking.

BuckInNC

Attachments

Cycle Springs in Clearwater FL made me a great cover for my 255 Open ID. $3,500- they have the pattern, I don't know if they keep stock or not, but mine was available right away when I bought the boat last year.

Just sent them an email. Hope you're right and they can come up with one.

Thanks a lot for the information.

BuckInNC

I have a scarab 255 ID nad struggling to get a full cover, I want it to go over the Bimmini frame as it takes water from the frame so want to cover to be on the outside. One thought for the winter is to keep the two piece pop on cover and put together just a lean to over the length of the boat to keep 99% of the water off.

Try Cycle Springs parts department. 727-771-1211 in Florida. They have it in black sunbrella, $4,500. Goes from the T-top pipes down the the rub rail.

Cycle Springs in Clearwater FL made me a great cover for my 255 Open ID. $3,500- they have the pattern, I don't know if they keep stock or not, but mine was available right away when I bought the boat last year.
Have talked with them and sounds good. Have some questions as to just how this looks/fits on your boat. Have you a photo or 2.

Have talked with them and sounds good. Have some questions as to just how this looks/fits on your boat. Have you a photo or 2.

Hey Buck: Did you ever get the cover for your 255 open id from cycle springs? How did it come out? Can you talk about the process and potentially post a pic? Grateful in advance for any information you can share. I am not an owner yet, but my family has essentially decided on the 255 open id and some of the used one's we've seen at are only 1-3 years old but show wear because they have been exposed to the elements their whole life. Would certainly want protection beyond the console cover if we are successful in our search.

I did not spring for the cover from Cycle Springs - too pricy for me. But, Scarab has a cover for the boat that apparently nobody knows about. Looks
like this: BoatCover.jpg

Part Number: 072-4590. Less than $1,000 and completely covers the boat. Very nice. Mine does not have the "SCARABBOATS.COM" on the side.

Good luck and let me know if you need additional information.

BuckInNC

I did not spring for the cover from Cycle Springs - too pricy for me. But, Scarab has a cover for the boat that apparently nobody knows about. Looks
like this: View attachment 181397

Part Number: 072-4590. Less than $1,000 and completely covers the boat. Very nice. Mine does not have the "SCARABBOATS.COM" on the side.

BuckInNC

Buck: Thanks for this reply and the picture. We haven’t made the purchase yet but when we do this information will be very helpful. Appreciate you taking the time to help out. Take care.

like this: View attachment 181397

BuckInNC

How's that shipping cover holding up for ya? I'm about to order one for my '21 255 Open. You have any more pictures of it by any chance? Thanks!

How's that shipping cover holding up for ya? I'm about to order one for my '21 255 Open. You have any more pictures of it by any chance? Thanks!
Cycle springs no longer makes this cover - we just had a guy make a custom cover for us I can prob get you his info if it’s the same model. What year is your model. Also…are you sure it’s 21’? For the 255 open ID, I think the 255 corresponds to the length of the boat and it should be 25’ not 21’

Got to be too much of a hassle getting it on and off as frequently as I wanted. So I worked with a local canvas shop and had them custom build one. Two piece, Sunbrella, nice zippers, sand bags for holding it down on the lift. $3,500 all in. Let me know if you want contact information. Thay have all of the mesurements, design, etc. in their cad system. Highly recommended. Two piece, easy for just one person to install.

255Open Id Full Cover.jpg

Got to be too much of a hassle getting it on and off as frequently as I wanted. So I worked with a local canvas shop and had them custom build one. Two piece, Sunbrella, nice zippers, sand bags for holding it down on the lift. $3,500 all in. Let me know if you want contact information. Thay have all of the mesurements, design, etc. in their cad system. Highly recommended. Two piece, easy for just one person to install.

View attachment 193352
That does look nice! Mine sits on a lift as well so that would work out. I did just order the shipping cover from a dealership though so I'll give that a go first. I'll probably end up only using it over the winter in place of shrink wrap because I hear ya, taking it on and off every time you want to use the boat really adds an obstacle to enjoying the boat!

Cycle springs no longer makes this cover - we just had a guy make a custom cover for us I can prob get you his info if it’s the same model. What year is your model. Also…are you sure it’s 21’? For the 255 open ID, I think the 255 corresponds to the length of the boat and it should be 25’ not 21’

I was actually referring to the Scarab shipping cover, part # 072-4590. Came out to $627 after shipping to my house in MD. The boat is a 2021, not 21 feet. It's 25 feet :)

Any pics of shipping cover?

View attachment 193352
If you could share the contact for your local canvas shop, that would be great. -Michael

Outstanding! I visited Wilmington several times when I was in the Marine Corps. Thank you for the quick response. - Michael

Back